Arsenal

Ghost

What I don't get here, they tried to sign villa from barca in January for €6million, agreed a contract with him but barca wanted to keep him until this summer, then when his available for €2.4million Wenger isn't interested, but they will go and spend £15/20million on cabaye, who's good but not what they need.

I think Wenger needs to go if Arsenal ever want to challenge at the top again. Arsenal fans should've been worried when he started spouting the "Fourth is as good as a trophy" nonsense. Signing Flamini and seemingly giving Bendtner another chance aren't the types of moves you'd expect a title challenger to be making. Don't get me wrong, Flamini is just what they need, and Bendtner could be brilliant if he really tried, but in their current turmoil, they need to be signing some big name and known quality players. Wenger hasn't made a fantastic signing since he bought Vermaelen, and even then he paid £10m for him. Wenger seems to be trying to sign his normal astute and cheap-ish signings he used to make in the late 90's-early 00's, but that doesn't work anymore if you want to actual challenge for the title, thanks to Man City and Chelsea. It could be the board that are putting the breaks on any potential big money deal, but it seems as if Wenger is unwilling to spend upwards of £10m anymore, and if that's his view, Arsenal need someone who is willing to spend big if they ever want to get into the top 3 again.

Couldn't care less what happens there though, I absolutely hate Arsenal, i don't even know how I managed to write so much about them  :blink:

Obviously I'm very glad they didn't, but Arsenal should have gone straight in for Benteke when he put in a transfer request, unless they genuinely thought that Suárez was a done deal.  Even if that was the case, they have the money to bring in both, and would have had the most feared strike force in the league.

I don't know why Wenger suddenly decided that possession football was the way to play football. The teams that won him the league all had big, tough centre-halves and bruising central midfielders with pace and flair upfront. As soon as Wenger wanted the style they now play with, he took the spine away from the team, which meant they couldn't handle it when teams get in their faces, like us last Saturday. As you say BOF, they need a Vieira type player back in the team.

Edited by MessiWillSignForVilla

I still think they should go all out for Fellaini. He'd be perfect for them. Finally a Vieira replacement.

They haven't a hope of landing him with United interested and I don't think Wenger would fancy the humiliation.

I don't think Arsenal would be any attraction to him at all unless it was a simple choice between them and Everton.

I still think they should go all out for Fellaini. He'd be perfect for them. Finally a Vieira replacement.

They haven't a hope of landing him with United interested and I don't think Wenger would fancy the humiliation.

I don't think Arsenal would be any attraction to him at all unless it was a simple choice between them and Everton.

You might be right but on the other hand United have so far shown an unwillingness to spend anything (save for some peace-meal, some would say doomed-to-failure, bids) and there are some who think Moyes hasn't a pot to piss in unless he sells first (much to his private chagrin). A proper bid from Arsenal who are now all but in the group stages of the CL would at the very least force United's hand and at best might make Fellaini think 'you know what, they'll do'. If you don't buy a ticket ... and as I say he looks exactly what they need. I think he's mad not to try tbh. Negligent almost, given that Fellaini is clearly up for grabs.

He was very good before he left for huge wages.

Good for a season, and then went to milan and was mediocre. At 29 he's not what they need.

Edited by villa89

Â