Arsenal

Ghost

Wilshere as an England player shows a great amount of passion at a time when very few players show real true passion to play for the national team. He went against his club to be at a youth tournament a few years back which will always give him a bit of respect from me, he's also a really talented player. To have somebody that passionate but also somebody talented in the England team is great. It sometimes feels like it's been a long time since we had that. If he can keep really showing that passion and leading the way by putting England first then he'll deserve to be captain.

That isnt to say I love the guy though, on the pitch, as an opponent at club level, he uses his (media-created) 'status' to put himself about, get in the ref's ear and complains constantly like he did yesterday. He is often also very aggresive, quick to get in a scrap with opposition players when it isn't called for. I think it may have been him (dont quote me) who yesterday was really pushing one of our players away from a situation and definitely deserved a yellow for it in a normal situation but it went unnoticed and one of ours got booked in stead.

There are also the allegations about his private life and his *recreational habits* that are possible reasons as to why he has spent a long time 'injured' for the past few seasons, which really diminishes the respect he could have built up as the current 'hot prospect' in English football. He could be seen as the next in a long line of those to piss it all away, when somebody in is position should be a real role model to both kids, who are the next generation of footballer but also , as somebody who is likely the next England captain, to other youth prospects about how they should be behaving in relation to their country/club and career. 

Thats how I feel about him anyway.

Very very talented player, just not anywhere near as talented as the media make outl

• Like 1

I don't get all the Szczceszzsny hate. He's a pretty good keeper while also being a pretty good guy on the pitch. For instance, look at the pk he conceded. Not poor by him, gabby made a brilliant move and he had to make that challenge, but after, he didn't argue with the ref at all while every other arsenal player was. He just accepted it was the right call and didn't yell at the ref for no reason.

Another thing that sticks out in my mind os last year when they played Liverpool away and koscielny scored am awful own goal. Rather than yelling or being a **** he just wrapped his arm around koscielny and encouragedhim, and koscielny had a good game after that. That's the type of guy I'd want on my team.

I think his problem is he started brilliant, got the fans hopes up after a few dodgy keepers, and then the mistakes / inconsistency started

he's only 23! how many of us would have written guzan off at that age? got plenty of time left to turn it round

Goalkeepers should be allowed to mature and grow their consistency, there's a reason why goalkeepers are at their peak around 30. If Szczęsny manages to keep his wits and progresses consistently, he's gonna be one helluva 'keeper but we've seen so many times that one or two big mistakes from the 'keeper might ruin them.

Oxlade Chamberlain possibly out till February.

Apparently done his ACL. Feel sorry for the boy but Arsenal are really in some trouble. Will Wenger make some panic buys?

I don't get the Arse hate and Wenger hate.

Wenger has been great for the English game.  He revitalised it.  He gave it energy, inventiveness, style.  His transfers were regarded as coups, accomplishments no-one could live up to.  He may whinge about refs (who doesn't) but he approaches the game in an honourable fashion.  He spots young players with something to offer, builds them up and brings them out - compare that to the habit of vastly rich clubs buying already proven players, Manyoo for example.

The teams he has built have been great for our game.  They play attractive, exciting football, which challenges the opposition on both a physical and a mental level.  They are stimulating and enjoyable, mostly.  If I was given a ticket for any club other than the Villa, I would rather it be the Arse than anyone.

Wenger has done this, in combination with Dein ( a partnership now broken, thank god).

We should recognise and respect the vast contribution he has made to our national game.

Jack-Wilshere-Arsenal-new-kit_2827549.jp

How could you not want to punch that face?

Haha. I hear ya, but still ...

He's really just striking the same kind of all-too-serious pose you see all footballers striking. Gotta wonder whether players have much choice about the pressure to market themselves in a certain way. They're basically copying -- or told to copy -- the kinds of poses you see from music celebs. It's very rare that a self-deprecating or humorous face appears any more in "serious" music magazines, for example.

I can't believe Luna got booked when AOC did his ACL. It was his own stupid fault.

It is, he's the one who went in late. Don't want to be harsh, like AOC, but Luna did something wrong

Indeed - Luna pulled out.

Had he followed through and smashed the ball - which he would have if he didn't see AOC coming - then he would not have picked up a yellow. He was clearly there first.

All I know is that Wilshere is an absolute word removed and I'd love to see him get a double leg break like Aaron Ramsey. 

Harsh

I'd like to punch him (even though I think he's very good) but comments like the above are embarrassing.

Imagine reading that on another team's board about someone like Westwood. We'd be outraged.

• Like 1

Â