Arsenal

Ghost

From what I hear Higuain was the back up plan should they fail to get Suarez. They talked to the player and were a fair way along the deal but wanted to see if they could get Suarez.

Napoli got wind of the situation (most probably from Higuain's agent) and moved quickly to get the deal done. Really sloppy piece of business by Arsenal as the old addage says a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush

I highly doubt Higuain was going to wait around for Arsenal either to be honest.

Talks of Rooney potentially going there again I don't see it, don't see them paying a huge fee for them don't see them even coming close to matching his wages either.

It will be interesting to see what their squad is like at the end of the transfer window.

Walcott is a hard working player, he is not lazy.

I have to agree with you. Fast and deadly. He's a great player who's best is yet to come. Like a lot of younger players, he has sometimes been a bit on and off as he learns, but I also think his dazzling bursts of speed make his regular play sometimes look slow by comparison.

I also have to agree with Arsene's post-game comments that yesterday's Arsenal was fully capable of winning that game, even without spending more ££££ on new players.

It's a credit to how hard we worked yesterday that we won. No need to trash Arsenal because we won.

Can someone clear up something Arsenal-related for this American observer?

Why all the hate for Jack Wilshere?

Maybe I'm missing press comments or something, but I heard a long interview with the guy and he seems pretty cool. Are on-pitch antics to blame? If so, which? I don't get it. Is it because he's short? He's a scrappy mid-fielder who bobbles around with amazing, cat-like ability to stay on his feet.

Arsenal will still finish ahead of Villa come what May though. I think 5th place.

Nope. :-)

Maybe I'm missing press comments or something, but I heard a long interview with the guy and he seems pretty cool. Are on-pitch antics to blame? If so, which? I don't get it. Is it because he's short? He's a scrappy mid-fielder who bobbles around with amazing, cat-like ability to stay on his feet.

Arsenal will still finish ahead of Villa come what May though. I think 5th place.

He was acting like a right petulant little word removed yesterday. 

Not sure there is hatred for him, but I would guess there is some negatively towards him by some fans because of the way the English media treat him. They have built him up to the best player in the world, which is obviously far from true.

Don't mind him myself and think he will become a very good player, albeit not amazing

What has Gerrard done wrong?

Other than being a whinging, sourfaced, wooden diving cheater who benefits from questionable calls because he's England captain Stevie G?

Well, other than that he punched some guy in a bar for trying to change the music. Something like that.

They should have gone all out for Gonzalo Higuain. I heard they were interested, but they did not meet the asking price.

They apparently had a deal for Higuian in place and Madrid upped the price so they backed away. Can't blame then if they felt they were being screwed.

As for the Suarez deal, they were clearly given bad information.

Edited by Mr_Dogg

Well Higuain has gone to Napoli for a price that I think Arsenal should of paid. Arsenal board gave it all the talk that they were gonna spend big this summer, so the excited Arsenal fans went out and bought the season tickets. And here we are 2 weeks before the transfer deadline and nothing has been done apart from 1 average signing.

Like one or two others, he's believed his own press.

Â