Match Thread - PLEASE DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

Bond

That was a passive period for us. That 4-0 was shocking i remember screamin at the tv watching that, the first half we had about 15% posession no exaggeration! And spurs were 2/1 for next goal at HT i stuck a tonne on it we were just inviting it, clueless performance that happened week in week out for about 6/7 weeks. Probably the hardest time to watch Villa in my whole life

That was a passive period for us. That 4-0 was shocking i remember screamin at the tv watching that, the first half we had about 15% posession no exaggeration! And spurs were 2/1 for next goal at HT i stuck a tonne on it we were just inviting it, clueless performance that happened week in week out for about 6/7 weeks. Probably the hardest time to watch Villa in my whole life

Must have been. I couldn't believe how passive Villa were. Whatever kind of day you're having you can at least fight for the ball!

Yea well we had just beaten Liverplop at Anfield so the youngsters were believing in their own hype and then got absolutely psychologically annihilated due to the 8-0 mauling at Chelski and never recovered for ages. Awful time for the club but we came through it and will hopefully be better for it though i do worry if we get off to a stinker in our opening 3 games

Hey guys just wondering, do you predict it likely Helenius will get minutes on the field.. and in what scenario would it be most likely

if you were down? or in the lead

He might be on the bench but I don`t think he will be thrown in the first matches, but you never know. I do think Helenius will get plenty of gametime though, unless he really does bad when he gets his chance. For all we know Bennett could start before Luna today, even though it is very unlikely. We are still building so many surprises this season I reckon.

I'm excited. Gonna be having a BBQ with an Arsenal-supporting mate who described Benteke as "a Belgian Heskey" when we signed him. I hope he gets a hat-trick.

I kinda suspect we're going to get spanked but I don't care. Just keen for the season to start, not been this excited for a new season in years!