Match Thread - PLEASE DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

Bond

Going to this game with the girlfriend (providing the tickets arrive today - Don't ask!) and she has only ever been to one other game... That was opening day of the 2010 season and a convincing 3-0 win over West Ham....

Hopefully tomorrow will go in a similar fashion.... Head says 3-1 defeat... Heart says 2-3 Villa, 2-0 down at HT and a last minute Benteke winner :D

We're 9/1 on bet 365. With our front three I think that's incredibly generous.

I sniff a result here for us. That may well be wildly optimistic, but I just sense that there is more positivity at Villa than Arsenal, and a real excitement from the players.

I do fancy us to win this. There's a big feeling of confidence/general drive to do well in our players and fans, whereas Arsenal fans are very edgy at the moment due to the lack of signings and injury concerns. I imagine they'll want to play it safe to try not to pick up any more injuries for Wednesday. Arsenal have an entire season to put it right if they lose the first game, but they can't afford to cock it up Wednesday. A win is gonna do a world of good for our confidence, but even if we lose, as long as we give it a real good go and make it difficult for Arsenal, then that'll put us in a good frame of mind.

UTV

Edited by JoshVilla

well if Villa score 1st I imagine Arsenal fans will get on teams and Wengers back

There's nothing surer than their fans doing us a massive favour by getting on their players backs if we score first. Watched the 2-0 win highlights and that was patent then

We're 9/1 on bet 365. With our front three I think that's incredibly generous.

I sniff a result here for us. That may well be wildly optimistic, but I just sense that there is more positivity at Villa than Arsenal, and a real excitement from the player

It'll be our defence that has secure those odds.... :)

If Okore is fit i guess he would start alongside Vlaar.

But no idea who will play in midfield alongside Delph and Westwood - maybe Tonev or Bacuna?

Arsenal were poor on both occasions against us last season but it only takes a bit of composure and individual flair to rip us apart like soft bread.

we might get a 1:1 draw if Arsenal have an off day.

so-so but PL has played in time in time out, even playing him over Westy against Malaga.

Seriously worried it's going to be

KEA - Delph

---Tonev---

when Westy is comfortably our best midfielder.

so-so but PL has played in time in time out, even playing him over Westy against Malaga.

Seriously worried it's going to be

KEA - Delph

---Tonev---

when Westy is comfortably our best midfielder.

Nah, Westwood will start, I reckon he is one of Lambo's favourite players to be honest.

I would have said a trio of KEA, Westy and Delph, but judging by Arsenal's defensive injuries I reckon we could go all out attack.

Westwood and Delph in midfield with either Helenius or Tonev behind Benteke.

• Like 1