Match Thread - PLEASE DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

Bond

Solid starting 11. Baker in over Okore for his experience in the premier league I would say. Here's hoping we start well. Would take a poit, but could see us nicking this. Benteke will score, so can we keep a clean sheet to win the game?

This shows that perhaps we need to sign a few more players, ones who would be nailed on starters for me.

I wouldn't read too much into it. Let's not forget that Benteke was benched for his first game.

He had only signed a week or 2 before that game though. These lads have a full preseason behind them. I'm not saying I'm disappointed with the signings but we could do with going out and signing a couple of certainty starters.

Edited by limvillian

Any one listen 5 live preview - I kid you not - he gave the background, on arsenal, then the team line up , then onto his villa summary 'All six of villa new signings are involved - but only Antonio Luna starts'  - Incredible - he might just as well have said 'oh villa are putting a team out as well'

I'm happy with that team, Okore might be a bit behind fitness wise as he missed a fair chunk of pre-season so it's probably wise to ease him in. I thought KEA played quite well against Malaga and his pressing was really good, we'll need that today. UTV