Match Thread - PLEASE DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

Bond

KEA is such a weak link. I hope he is left on the bench.

KEA has shown flashes of a great midfielder but he is so inconsistent. Hopefully if he starts, he is playing his best. 

As I see it, this is a winnable game due to Arsenal's injuries. Plus Wenger has to have one eye on the champions league match wednesday. 

Think it'll be KEA

I thought he had been dobbins all pre-season?

He looked great in pre-season until Malaga, where he was a bit weak. He had a nice audacious chip over the defenders for a Benteke goal (can't remember which game that was). Evidently he looked good last pre-season also and then struggled in the league, so we'll see. With Sylla out I agree with Stefan that Lambert will probably go for KEA.

This is my point about people and KEA. They've decided they don't think he's any good so pull him up on mistakes and ignore all the good stuff. 

He got TWO assists in the Crewe 5-1 that your talking about and the 1st goal came from a KEA run and blocked shot(pretty lame one in fairness) that broke to Weimann in space. He was given licence to attack which he seems better at than a defensive role and I thought he made some excellent ranged passes in first half against Malaga as well is some audacious steals in defence. He should play in front of Delph and Westwood in a midfield 3

I think we have a really good chance of getting a positive result from this game.

Our forwards have gelled together well in pre-season, continuing some good form from the back end of last season.

Arsenal's injuries will be an issue for them. 

I hope the defence and midfield can concentrate for the full 90mins+.

This is my point about people and KEA. They've decided they don't think he's any good so pull him up on mistakes and ignore all the good stuff. 

He got TWO assists in the Crewe 5-1 that your talking about and the 1st goal came from a KEA run and blocked shot(pretty lame one in fairness) that broke to Weimann in space. He was given licence to attack which he seems better at than a defensive role and I thought he made some excellent ranged passes in first half against Malaga as well is some audacious steals in defence. He should play in front of Delph and Westwood in a midfield 3

While I do think KEA struggled last season and wasn't quite what we'd all hoped for, I agree that he's best when he has that license to attack. If Westwood and Delph can give him enough protection to do that against Arsenal (and with Arteta out, it might be our best shot), I'd like to see him playing with that kind of freedom and confidence tomorrow. Some players take a little longer to adapt to a new league, I have hope that KEA will make that step this season.

Too excited now. LET'S GO!

• Like 1

I really want to see Bacuna start with Delph and Westy in MF. Weve got goals in us today but Arsenals forward line worries me, Walcott, Giroud, Ox and Cazorla should realistically get a lot of change out our defence, hopefully Tony Moon and Jaws can contain them with there extra-debut-adrenaline.

Heart says 2-1 Villa coming from behind

Head says 3-1 to the Goons

Best of luck lads!!! Today I bleed claret and blue! If I open my window I can sometimes hear the crowd when they score, so let's hope for the blissful London silence of sirens and whatnot this afternoon ;)

You reckon we can av' em?

It's doing the rounds that the likes of Jenkinson, Gibbs, Ramsey, Frimpong and Gnabry could all be involved today.

Assume some of them, particularly Gnabry will be on the bench but thats a very weak line up.

Definite Outs

Arteta

Monreal

Diaby

Miyachi

Vermaelen

Possible Outs

Sagna

Walcott

Cazorla

Rosicky

Sanogo

Ramsey

(from rumours and thephysioroom.com)

Possible Line Up

Chesney

Jenkinson  Mertesacker Koscielny  Gibbs

Wilshere  Oxlade

Walcott             Ramsey            Podolski

Giroud

Sanogo, Frimpong, Gnabry and Cazorla/Sagna (rested for Fenerbache game unless needed), amongst the bench.

In defence,  that team is there for the taking. Ramsey, Wilshere and Oxlade offer little-to-no protection, Mertesacker is stupendously slow and Gibbs will likely be injured after 14 minutes.

Edited by HalfTimePost

It's doing the rounds that the likes of Jenkinson, Gibbs, Ramsey, Frimpong and Gnabry could all be involved today.

Assume some of them, particularly Gnabry will be on the bench but thats a very weak line up.

Definite Outs

Arteta

Monreal

Diaby

Miyachi

Vermaelen

Possible Outs

Sagna

Walcott

Cazorla

Rosicky

Sanogo

Ramsey

(from rumours and thephysioroom.com)

Frimpong has 100% been recalled to the first team, probably will be on the bench though.

Even with the definite outs, their squad is very small and they wouldn't have 18 first team players.

Best of luck lads!!! Today I bleed claret and blue! If I open my window I can sometimes hear the crowd when they score, so let's hope for the blissful London silence of sirens and whatnot this afternoon ;)

You reckon we can av' em?

Course you can, and if you're going to the Library then opening day of the season is the best day to do it! I think you've got a strong team, a very good manager and with Benteke you can play the sort of game they don't like. The only thing I would say is that in the games we played against you last season (more so at Villa park than WHL) I've noticed a tendency for you to be quite passive off the ball, I don't know if that's the way Lambert has them set out to play, but personally I prefer the pressing game. More importantly I think Arsenal don't.

Edited by TartarugaJones