Match Thread - PLEASE DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

Bond

Okore hasnt earned a spot yet, Baker was really good at the end of last season, and have done well enough in the pre-season games. 

Yep - not to say he won't be in player in time. But looked overawed and nervous against Malaga I thought

Any one listen 5 live preview - I kid you not - he gave the background, on arsenal, then the team line up , then onto his villa summary 'All six of villa new signings are involved - but only Antonio Luna starts'  - Incredible - he might just as well have said 'oh villa are putting a team out as well'

Typical shit media.

Also noticed how Livercack are on TV today, and Livercack are on TV next Saturday against us.

Why? They ain't even that good.

Aren't they on today because it's the early kick-off?

And BT Sport are making their inaugural broadcast. IIRC, Sky and Setanta each chose Liverpool games as their debut broadcasts of the PL.

So it's more that they're the early kickoff because BT wanted to put them on TV.

Edited by leviramsey

It's pretty lame that KEA is good enough for our team, and that he hasn't been replaced by a better player. Sylla not even on the bench, so he must be injured?

Guess we will see the real Luna today, pretty much the worst opposition he could meet in terms of Theo Walcott. Sure, every player in the world would struggle against Walcott on his day, no doubt about it, but let's see how smart Luna is at keeping enough distance from him. If he tries to body-check him every time Walcott will score twice and have a field-day.

Rest of the team is fine by me, think it's smart to play Baker instead of Okore based on Prem experience. Baker is below average, but he has the ability to grind in a few tackles against good opposition. Nice to see Cazorla on the bench, but I guess he will come on and change the game if there is a stalemate in the second half.

Have a sneaking feeling we will score twice today....

Good team, against most teams in this league we would probably get a victory.

Not sure myself now as we get closer to kickoff, think Ox and Walcott will exploit our flanks quite easily.

Really? So you think last seasons team was basically good enough to beat most teams in the league?

Edited by limvillian

It's pretty lame that KEA is good enough for our team, and that he hasn't been replaced by a better player. Sylla not even on the bench, so he must be injured?

Guess we will see the real Luna today, pretty much the worst opposition he could meet in terms of Theo Walcott. Sure, every player in the world would struggle against Walcott on his day, no doubt about it, but let's see how smart Luna is at keeping enough distance from him. If he tries to body-check him every time Walcott will score twice and have a field-day.

Rest of the team is fine by me, think it's smart to play Baker instead of Okore based on Prem experience. Baker is below average, but he has the ability to grind in a few tackles against good opposition. Nice to see Cazorla on the bench, but I guess he will come on and change the game if there is a stalemate in the second half.

Sylla is Injured.

KEA has been reasonable in pre season - and was pretty good in the first 45 against Malaga.

Good team, against most teams in this league we would probably get a victory.

Not sure myself now as we get closer to kickoff, think Ox and Walcott will exploit our flanks quite easily.

Really? So you think last seasons team was basically good enough to beat most teams in the league?

Last season's team was constantly evolving though and to be fair at the end of last season we were beating most of the non top teams.

And if Rovers won at the Emirates last year, there's no way I can pick against Villa.