Manchester United

BOF

United really don’t have much depth in their squad do they?

The the team they ended the game with today was bang average and full of unproven kids in midfield and up top.

Appreciate Ronaldo was missing today but it seems unlikely he’ll be seen in a United shirt again anyway given that he’s on some kind of strike.

They’ve lost a lot of players this summer, and they were all players they needed to lose but the squad is a bit threadbare.

Apparently Ronaldo and his agent Jorge Mendes arrived at the United training ground today, shortly followed by Sir Alex :lol: 

Do they just wheel him out every time they want Ronaldo to do something? 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Genie said:

Apparently Ronaldo and his agent Jorge Mendes arrived at the United training ground today, shortly followed by Sir Alex :lol: 

Think they could have wheeled him out to encourage him to press last season 😉

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Genie said:

Arrived for talks.

"I want to leave."

"Nobody wants to pay a guy who can't run can't press has a huge ego can't be dropped and doesn't play for the team 700k a week"

"Okay."

He's going nowhere.

6 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Oh my God that's payrise music.

If United had a clue what they were doing they’d have bought a striker already and then released Ronaldo off the wage bill… but they’re not.

1 minute ago, bannedfromHandV said:

The only place I could see Ronaldo going would be the Middle East, who else needs him and more importantly could afford him? 

I think he may be willing to take a relatively low wage to play in the CL next season. It could be his last, he doesn’t want to be playing on a Thursday night.

Just now, Genie said:

I think he may be willing to take a relatively low wage to play in the CL next season. It could be his last, he doesn’t want to be playing on a Thursday night.

What’s relatively low though for him? £400k per week?!

Just now, bannedfromHandV said:

He doesn’t need it, he could just do a few more posts on Instagram.

£150k and a slice of commercial revenue. 
If I were CR I’d want Bayern, pretty much a given to win at least 1 trophy. Would Bayern go against their usual policy though?

12 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

apparently he has turned down a million a week from a Saudi team to stay in Europe

Atletico Madrid sort of been linked haven't they? Simeone seems a bit lukewarm on idea but guess he could fill that Suarez void. Not sure how well he links up with Joao Felix for national team.

Their fans despise him for all the goals he used to score to knock them out of CL for Real Madrid and Juve so don't think it would be very popular one.

Edited by VillaChris

24 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Atletico Madrid sort of been linked haven't they? Simeone seems a bit lukewarm on idea but guess he could fill that Suarez void. Not sure how well he links up with Joao Felix for national team.

Their fans despise him for all the goals he used to score to knock them out of CL for Real Madrid and Juve so don't think it would be very popular one.

The Atletico President has denied it

iy2UKaD.jpg

"Impossible to not speak about me everyday. Otherwise the press won't make money. They know if they don't lie they won't get the public's attention. Keep going, maybe one they you'll get the news right"

Lolololol 

I want to leave.

I want to leave.

I want to leave.

Cristiano nobody wants a 37 year old striker who doesn't move demands to play 90 minutes every week and does absolutely nothing to help a team whilst picking up 450k 

Edited by rodders0223

14 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Cristiano nobody wants a 37 year old striker who doesn't move demands to play 90 minutes every week and does absolutely nothing to help a team whilst picking up 450k 

I'd bet most world clubs would want Ronaldo - there are a few obstacles though.

Does he want to go to a club like Inter or Sporting Lisbon?
Would he suit their style?
Would they pay his wages?

He is still a top top player, one of the best in history. But with getting older, new problems arise. 

At Man U, he is not a problem - in fact, I think that it's only because of him that they did as well as they did last season. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

1.The problem with ronaldo is it’s all about him now, no sense of team ethic

2. he seems intent on trying to set as many personal records as possible.

As for 1, I don't know - is that really the case? Based on what evidence?

2. Possibly, but breaking personal records does not have to be at odds with team ethic and wanting his club to succeed. If anything, I reckon he wants to succeed more than people like Maguire. 

• Like 1

United just can’t afford to let Ronaldo go. I’ve just watched the second half of their final friendly against Atletico and they have nothing up top really. Rashford wouldn’t hold down a place in a mid-table side.

Martial has had his chances at United and rarely impressed. Elanga still too young and raw to play consistently.

They need to bring in a top drawer striker urgently if they want to complete in the top 4/5. Ronaldo for his faults will still score 20+ league goals. Nobody else will get close.

Â