Manchester United

BOF

2 hours ago, turvontour said:

I cant get my head around Ashley Young still starting games for them, and being their club captain. He was good for us ten years ago. Wouldn't want him at Villa now.

Someone on here the other day made a great point. You can tell when a club is declining massively when a previous squad player who'd get the odd start suddenly becomes a week in week out player again.

We had it with Hutton who was out of the picture for years and then came back in as an automatic starter, Young is their's.

• Like 1

On 07/10/2019 at 03:16, The_Rev said:

Because they are still Manchester United. It's still an absolute alpha club and one of the best gigs in world football. It's not a great time to join but if you're a football manager then you only tend to get job offers from clubs when they aren't doing as well as they expect. 

Whoever gets the United job will be backed financially. Even if they have to sell they'll still have the resources they need to put a good side together. I'd probably move for Poch if I were United, he's a superb manager who looks like he needs a change of scenery. 

Poch can go to any club he chooses. He will never go to United, the job isn't what it used to be. I can see him going to Real Madrid in the near future.

I can't wait to see them end up with big Sam, Bruce or Pulis 😆

Edited by LxYoungAVFC
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, LxYoungAVFC said:

Poch can go to any club he chooses. He will never go to United, the job isn't what it used to be. I can see him going to Real Madrid in the near future.

yeah he would, its still a big draw and a big step up from spurs with the immediate "success" being far easier than what spurs fans will now deem as success (ie finishing 4th vs actually winning something)

whether or not he would whilst woodward is still stinking the place out we will see in the next couple of months I think

after poch allegri is the obvious big name they will go for

Only scored more than once in a game in one out of their last 16 games.

The opening game of the season 4-0 win against Chelsea'

13 goals in total all competitions during those 16 games counting the Chelsea drubbing, 2 of those were pens

36 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

He won't survive a humiliating defeat to Liverpool.

That's the game that will turn "Ole in" supporters the opposite direction. That game means so much to them.

See Ole is a hero at United, just like Lampard at Chelsea. The fans wont turn on these 2 as they are club legends but the players will get a hell of a lot of the abuse

If Red Cafe is anything to go by most United fans want Solskjær out. I wouldn't be all that surprised if they got a result against Liverpool, Liverpool probably due to drop points soon and like a derby it's one of those fixtures where anything can happen on the day regardless of form.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, useless said:

If Red Cafe is anything to go by most United fans want Solskjær out. I wouldn't be all that surprised if they got a result against Liverpool, Liverpool probably due to drop points soon and like a derby it's one of those fixtures where anything can happen on the day regardless of form.

Exactly what I was thinking,  it would be just like them to win this with some weird piece of luck and turns their season around. 

6 minutes ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

Exactly what I was thinking,  it would be just like them to win this with some weird piece of luck and turns their season around. 

A rich mans Newcastle :D 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

See Ole is a hero at United, just like Lampard at Chelsea. The fans wont turn on these 2 as they are club legends but the players will get a hell of a lot of the abuse

I don't imagine the fans will actually abuse Ole, but they already want him out and they're only going to get more vocal. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

The Sun at it again...

If it's true he's done though. Once you lose the dressing room your finished as a manager.

Neil Custis is a well known Mourinho fanboy

1 minute ago, HanoiVillan said:

I don't imagine the fans will actually abuse Ole, but they already want him out and they're only going to get more vocal. 

Yeah I don't see that happening either.

They know he's tried his best, but he's just not a manager at the level they needed.

He's a club hero and should have never been given the job on a permanent basis. It's not his fault, he's just way out of his dept there.

They will be forced to replace him pretty soon thou. They need a proper manager.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, sne said:

They also badly need to appoint a proper sporting director.

Someone like Luis Campos, Monchi or one of the big German ones.

This seems logical, if EW is great at bringing in the big sponsors then let him concentrate on that. Let someone else do the football trading business as they seem to be terrible at that.

WWTOTPT?*

Seems to me that there's a big difference between them finishing, say, 8th-11th, outside Europe but having had a couple of short winning runs and some signs of promise from the likes of James, Wan-Bissaka, Maguire, Rashford and Martial, compared to finishing 12th-15th and in a real relegation battle. Woodward can go into his meetings with the sponsors spinning the former as a transition season, it was always going to be hard, but the youngsters are coming good and with some big investment we'll be back amongst it next season. However, the latter would be much harder to put a positive spin on, and I think they must be rapidly coming to the conclusion that the danger with Ole is that's how their season is looking right now. 

Spoiler

*What Will The Official Tractor Partners Think?

Â