Manchester United

BOF

record might be good but they conceded 3 in big games at Spurs, Wolfsburg, West Ham and Arsenal and took a hiding at Anfield in Europe plus De Gea bailed them out so many times

they do have very good kids but not a chance they will probably not get a chance under Mourinho. his record with youth is appalling

No their record isn't 'good'.  It's the best in the league.  Their main problem will be replacing Michael Carrick (please come to Villa Michael).  Other than that they'll have a Martial and Rashford up front hitting the ground running.  The best keeper in the league, the best defence in the league and a manager coming in who is notoriously good at improving defences and scoring lots and lots of goals.  I highly suspect they add Zlatan to their ranks aswell.  All in all a very good day to be a United fan.

• Like 1

we wait and see, I know a lot of United fans are really not happy as they feel he will take away the ethos of the club which is attacking football and promoting youth players

One of my best mates is a United fan and he said he would stop following united if they every appointed Mourinho when Mourinho was first at united. he absolutely detests him. i can't wait to see if he follows that :crylaugh:

19 minutes ago, Zatman said:

we wait and see, I know a lot of United fans are really not happy as they feel he will take away the ethos of the club which is attacking football and promoting youth players

That will quickly disappear when they start winning trophies again.

Football fans like to win.

• Like 2

United have had a youth player in their squad every game since 1937, thats a lot of history to change. Im sure Bilbao fans wouldnt be happy if won La Liga but stopped a Basque only policy

I suspect that as a student of the game, Mourinho very much 'gets' the United way and knows all about their history of youth players and attacking.  I expect him to play a more expansive style at United and I expect his tactical nous to be able to plug the gaps that come with that more attacking style.  He has basically been doing a whistlestop tour of Europe until the United job became available and I think he will do well there.

6 minutes ago, Zatman said:

United have had a youth player in their squad every game since 1937, thats a lot of history to change. Im sure Bilbao fans wouldnt be happy if won La Liga but stopped a Basque only policy

That's not a good analogy at all.

12 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

manure fans don't care about winning, or you'd think not. Last time we played them at Wembley I left early so as not to watch the words removed lift the trophy. There were thousands of redscum outside with us.

Just now, rjw63 said:

manure fans don't care about winning, or you'd think not. Last time we played them at Wembley I left early so as not to watch the words removed lift the trophy. There were thousands of redscum outside with us.

Same thing happened with Arsenal last season.

13 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

They've only just won a trophy! ;) If my man utd mates are anything to go by, they'll find something to bitch and moan about despite winning. 

Let's see how Jose gets on now we're not there anymore so Man Utd essentially start with a minus six point tally.

yeah but you know what I mean. As stupid as it is, one FA Cup in the last couple of seasons isn't a success for United.

If Mourinho starts winning league titles etc then the fans will love him.

They have the best defensive record in the league but I don't think their defence is too great, certainly not man for man.

The entire team, goalkeepers to wingers is designed not to give up chances. If you want to turn this team into one that is going to score goals and win games, I don't think they can have jokers like Daley Blind, Rojo, Darmian and Valencia in your back four.

• Like 1

Yeh think its going to be pretty difficult to improve on offensive output without a pretty big drop in their defensive numbers. (if they kept same squad, ofc theyll bring in quite a few players)

Going to be interesting to see Mou style, When he took over chelsea, i think the year they won it (i think) they was playing some pretty great attacking flowing football. But some reason iirc, the second half of season he just reverted back to standard Mourinho and got the job done. 

Btw, the change of opinion on schniederlin in one year is pretty amazing lol

Edited by gharperr

41 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

They have the best defensive record in the league but I don't think their defence is too great, certainly not man for man.

The entire team, goalkeepers to wingers is designed not to give up chances. If you want to turn this team into one that is going to score goals and win games, I don't think they can have jokers like Daley Blind, Rojo, Darmian and Valencia in your back four.

Rojo is absolute dreadful, on a scale of Joe Bennett bad at full back

4 hours ago, BOF said:

I suspect that as a student of the game, Mourinho very much 'gets' the United way and knows all about their history of youth players and attacking.  I expect him to play a more expansive style at United and I expect his tactical nous to be able to plug the gaps that come with that more attacking style.  He has basically been doing a whistlestop tour of Europe until the United job became available and I think he will do well there.

Jose Mourinho won't change, he never changes.

He has never threatened to play anything close to entertaining football, even when he has the league wrapped up by March he continued to play the same way.

These managers don't just change, Wenger never has...

• Like 2

5 hours ago, rjw63 said:

5 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Same thing happened with Arsenal last season.

There are few things more infuriating in football than that. words removed. Wasn't at the United final but when we played Arsenal there were Arsenal "fans" who left well before full-time.

I've always said that there are literally only about 3 or 4 clubs whose fans (or a portion of them anyway) do that kind of shit and Arsenal and United are two of them.

• Like 1

Looks like Zlatan might be going there according to Swedish press. Damn shame we've gone down the same year if this is true. [emoji20]

Don't worry if we make the 3rd round of the FA cup we will see him then lol!

Â