Manchester United

BOF

1 hour ago, Genie said:

...but how is this Chelsea getting revenge on Man Utd?

The pinched Mikel off United and now they're holding United/Jose to ransom over his image rights which they own. Chelsea 2 MU 0.

Ooooh sorry, misread... 

• Like 1

I think Chelsea had to end up paying United the best part of £20m too. They were certainly winners there.

As for Mikel, I indeed remembering watching the young version of him, he glided with the ball, he was doing the ZIdane turn for fun. What a talent, what an exciting prospect.

Jose coached it out of him within the week.

• Like 1

Looks like Zlatan could on his way 

BBC

Sweden striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic says he has decided on his next move but remainedcoy on a possible transfer to Premier League club Manchester United.

There isn't a lot in the text, but there is a video if you click on the link (i can't copy the video for some reason) and he has a very telling smile when asked if he has had an offer from UTD. 

Mourinho and Zlatan are exactly what United need to start putting manners on the upstarts.  Next season will be fascinating.  It's just a massive pity we won't be around to witness it first hand.

This is undoubtedly Mourinho's dream job, i don't think he has ever really hidden that. He is surely intelligent enough to know that his hissy fits won't be tolerated at Old Trafford, just as they weren't at Madrid. Will his ego let him change? 

Curious to see what Mourinho does with Martial, Rashford, and Rooney. Also if they really do pull off the Zlatan transfer.

How much did they spend on Martial again? He needs to be played down the middle but who do you accommodate? I guess its a good problem to have, and you still have Depay...

On 5/26/2016 at 13:39, VillaChris said:

Incredible to think back then Mikel was a highly rated attacking playmaker, now he can barely do anything once he crosses the halfway line, suppose it's a bit like how Anderson declined at Man. United. 

By training for olympic pie eating?

8 hours ago, BOF said:

Mourinho and Zlatan are exactly what United need to start putting manners on the upstarts.  Next season will be fascinating.  It's just a massive pity we won't be around to witness it first hand.

Gosh, what happens to us??

Giggs looks like he is leaving. Be strange to see him at another club and though people seem to disagree I dont think he will be a good manager at all. As an ex-United player I still expect him to get a decent job that he probably doesnt deserve

8 minutes ago, Zatman said:

though people seem to disagree I dont think he will be a good manager at all. 

Is this a numbers thing or have actual reasoning behind it?  because I have no idea how anyone can even have an opinion on this. How have you seen his coaching + tactics + man managment?
As a numbers thing, youre right, given how few people become good managers...

Edited by gharperr

11 hours ago, Zatman said:

Giggs looks like he is leaving. Be strange to see him at another club and though people seem to disagree I dont think he will be a good manager at all. As an ex-United player I still expect him to get a decent job that he probably doesnt deserve

I hope he has the sense to go low enough in the footballing ladder and work his way back up.  I'm not going to call his managerial ability here and now.  He might bomb.  He might not.  But he will bomb if he bites off more than he can chew too soon, as have so many before him.  If he does it the right way then it'll be interesting to see his progress.

Â