Manchester United

BOF

For some reason i don't think Mourinho is their cup of tea, they had the opportunity to get him after fergie left. I think they could go for  Pochettino. 

Sir Alex Ferguson and Mauricio Pochettino have been pictured having lunch together in a London restaurant - immediately sparking rumours that the Tottenham boss could be on his way to Manchester United.

Sky sports.

Hasn't Pochettino just signed anew deal at Spurs?

Have to agree about LVG. In isolation the season looks ok (not great, but ok).

But when you add in what money he's spent (and wasted in a lot of cases) it looks bad. Although to be fair they may very well win some silverware.

Rooney has to go, he's really poor, can't play number 9 as he's too slow and doesn't have the vision and execution of the pass to be a top number 10. Sure he can play the Hollywood 60 yard cross field pass but he can't slip a forward through on the edge of a crowded opposition box, he's no David Silva.   

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Hasn't Pochettino just signed anew deal at Spurs?

Was just a verbal agreement.

Pochettino revealed on April 29 that he had reached a verbal agreement on a new five-year deal, which would keep him at White Hart Lane until the summer of 2021.

Fans were given the jitters when Pochettino was pictured with Sir Alex Ferguson yesterday after they had met for lunch in central London - but Spurs insist they knew about the encounter and that Pochettino’s position remains unchanged.

Here.

mourinho in my head goes against a lot of what utd want, his football really isnt that much better, he doesnt play youth, he can waste an awful lot of money...but he can get results

blanc would still be my shout if i was a utd fan

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

mourinho in my head goes against a lot of what utd want, his football really isnt that much better, he doesnt play youth, he can waste an awful lot of money...but he can get results

Yep i agree with that. I also think that Pochettino ticks a lot of those boxes, i think he would be ideal. 

1 hour ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Rooney has to go, he's really poor, can't play number 9 as he's too slow and doesn't have the vision and execution of the pass to be a top number 10. Sure he can play the Hollywood 60 yard cross field pass but he can't slip a forward through on the edge of a crowded opposition box, he's no David Silva.   

Yes to hear Sheringham say he should start for England ahead for Vardy based on what he has done previously for club and country is a nonsense. 

• Like 1

getting rid of someone on 300k p/w with 3/4 (?) years left on his contract will be close to impossible. Dont want him anywhere near first 11 for euros.

+1 to lvg getting sack. Even if they finished top 4 and won cup should still be sacked. Not even that much of an achievement with all the money they spent

Edited by gharperr

47 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Yes to hear Sheringham say he should start for England ahead for Vardy based on what he has done previously for club and country is a nonsense. 

Would think twice about having him in the squad to be honest. No way he should start. And in terms of what he has done for country lol, well he hasn't 'shown up' for a tournament for 12 years.

Edited by Dr_Pangloss

@S-Platt

"I don't want to hijack the Man City thread but see how successful Liverpool were for a similar period and now look at them.  Same thing is happening with Utd yes they can chuck a load of money at it but those days of winning everything are gone.  Thank ****! "

I hate utd and don't want them going back to winning. But their situation is different than liverpools. They are a massive brand, they make a **** ton of money meaning that they can still compete at the top, they are just missing a good manager. 

5 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Would think twice about having him in the squad to be honest. No way he should start. And in terms of what he has done for country lol, well he hasn't 'shown up' for a tournament for 12 years.

Are their 5 better forwards than him around though with Welbeck out?

Other options are Defoe who's been excellent since xmas but is 33 now and never did much for England in his prime and Carroll who I'd probably take tbh but refs will blow for free kicks as soon as he jumps so attacking moves get disrupted. 

16 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Are their 5 better forwards than him around though with Welbeck out?

Other options are Defoe who's been excellent since xmas but is 33 now and never did much for England in his prime and Carroll who I'd probably take tbh but refs will blow for free kicks as soon as he jumps so attacking moves get disrupted. 

I'd take Carroll over him. Carroll offers something different and is a genuine threat, good option to have if England are chasing a game and need a plan B.

12 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

I'd take Carroll over him. Carroll offers something different and is a genuine threat, good option to have if England are chasing a game and need a plan B.

The press would have a field day if that happens. Rooney 7 goals in 27 league games this season. Its obvious he's not the player he was. Its why LVG is playing him in midfield. I'm not comparing Vardy to Platt because they play different position but  Its like 1990 when Robson kept picking Bryan Robson until injury forced his hand and Platt got his chance. I think Rooney will start the tournament and say after 2 games when he has done nowt Hodgson drop him. 

He won't get dropped, just pushed back into midfield if he isn't already going to start there.

I did think in the 4-3-3 it was going to be Kane with Sturridge (played enough games now) and Welbeck either side and Rooney behind those three but Welbeck's injury creates an opening.

We saw in the World cup Rooney on the left is completely fudging the issue, him centrally would be a little better but I do agree with the dr he'll be exposed against the better teams if England get that far.

I don't think Hodgson has fully decided whether to play a 4-3-3 or a diamond. He said as much in an interview and that was before the Wellbeck injury. I think Vardy will be wasted out wide. 

8 hours ago, Zatman said:

probably a lot of bollocks but apparently Renato Sanches going to Bayern was a **** you from Jorge Mendes as MOurinho deal stalled :detect:

I'd file that in the bollocks category to be honest. Bayern just met the release clause, it's not like they got him on the cheap or anything.

Stan Collymore :ph34r: claiming he has source at OT. Package apparently a mobile phone attached to a pipe with wires coming out of it, found in toilets. Second device being searched for.

Â