Manchester United

BOF

1 minute ago, Genie said:

I quite liked LVG, I think the main problem was that the British press just didn't get him. They've been out for him as soon as he arrived.

He failed to qualify them for the  Champions league scoring less goals than Moyes did.

• Like 1

Just now, VillaChris said:

He failed to qualify them for the  Champions league scoring less goals than Moyes did.

Yes, but they wanted him out from the start.

Ultimately he came up short which I get. People like Jose and Klopp who have a laugh and a joke with the press get much more slack from them.

8 minutes ago, Genie said:

Ultimately he came up short which I get. People like Jose and Klopp who have a laugh and a joke with the press get much more slack from them.

Did they? They were worshipping him at the start with the CV he had plus he did do a very good job getting Holland to 3rd place considering how they've slumped since.

I have been disappointed with LVG personally. I knew he was a prickly character so his press clashes haven't shocked me. On the pitch though I don't think he's been all he's cracked up  to be.

Some very odd signings and lopsided squad building. And just how boring are United. 9th highest scorers in the league and so many games this season where they've failed to even have a shot on target in the first half of games home and away. Their defence would concede hatfuls without DDG in goal.

Even today bringing on Young and making him central striker.

To his credit he did push through some young players and they did finish the season with an exciting attack full of pace in Rashford, Lingard and Martial who  wasn't great today but is a very special striker in the making imo.

Overall 6/10 for me.

Edited by VillaChris

38 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Did they? They were worshipping him at the start with the CV he had plus he did do a very good job getting Holland to 3rd place considering how they've slumped since.

I have been disappointed with LVG personally. I knew he was a prickly character so his press clashes haven't shocked me. On the pitch though I don't think he's been all he's cracked up  to be.

Some very odd signings and lopsided squad building. And just how boring are United. 9th highest scorers in the league and so many games this season where they've failed to even have a shot on target in the first half of games home and away. Their defence would concede hatfuls without DDG in goal.

Even today bringing on Young and making him central striker.

To his credit he did push through some young players and they did finish the kseason with an exciting attack full of pace in Rashford, Lingard and Martial who  wasn't great today but is a very special striker in the making imo.

Overall 6/10 for me.

I agree. It was a bit of an LVG love in at the start with the quotes he was coming out with.

Ultimately he deserved to be hounded out. An arrogant, stubborn micro manager who squandered millions, constantly played players out of position and served up some of the dullest football ever seen by a team of internationals.

He spent the best part of £20m to play Di Maria out of position for 6 months and on the bench. Then another £30m to play Depay out of position for 6 months... then bench him. Add to that the 30m for Schneiderlin - utterly hilarious business and 15m and a ridiculously long contract for a Schweinsteiger who can barely limo around the pitch and I think he has got away lightly.

Rojo looks like a pub player.

Blind doesn't have a position.

Herrera, what is he? He can't defend and he doesn't score.

He has been nothing short of a disaster. Up there with Souness and Liverpool for me.

Edited by rodders0223
  • Like 2

Scumbag behavior from an egotistical scumbag of an individual, his associates and that scummy club. I really fear for the future of Rashford/Shaw/Martial/Fosu-Mensah now. Can't wait until he implodes again.

• Like 1

This is why I hate modern football. It is 'personalties' and titter-tatter over the actual football. LVG has properly not delivered what they wanted but he has just won a major trophy- and all the media is talking about is Mourinho. Mourinho going to Old Trafford is now obviously more important than the FA Cup Final.  The way it was talked about was that United had a god given right to always come in the top 4 and win trophies every year. They clearly have a better chance than most clubs due to their support/money but as Liverpool have shown since 1990 it is not always that simple.

Winning a trophy should be celebrated  even if you are United.   There has been obviously a serious leak problem since Sir Redface retired because both Moyes and LVG have been under minded by this constant drip,drip of stories.

Anyway I hope Mourinho fails miserably and becomes the busted flush we all hope he is. The anti christ of attacking football, who is all about himself rather than the club he is employed to. United coming 6th next year would  be very amusing.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Genie said:

Simply not true, the media, BBC especially blew so much smoke up his ass when he first came, saying how he was doing a wonderful job (when at the time had less points than Moyes had at the same stage the previous yr).

I do think that LVG has done a monumentally shite job there. He has spent bucket loads of money and his only return is an FA cup, with no champions league this season. He definitely deserves to be sacked but they have gone about it in a classless way. 

• Like 1

Even if he got champs league i think he would have still gone/deserved to be gone. Must be pretty brand damaging having someone playing such boring/shite football...  So they bring in Mou for free-flowing attacking football...

Edited by gharperr

It'll be interesting to see whether Mourinho is willing to change his style at all.  He's been hankering for this job for years, he has seen himself as Fergie's true successor.  I doubt the fans will be as willing to see their club dragged through the mud like he has done to other great clubs, albeit with success along the way.  But then they can't afford to be too choosy right now, either.  They'll get much closer to winning the title under him than van Gaal, anyway.

LVG has made Man Utd a dour team to watch. Plus he's spent a fortune and most of the signings haven't delivered 

9 hours ago, VillaChris said:

I think in those couple of years he was at Holland club football accelerated and past him by a little when he returned. 

Yet Leicester have just romped the league playing a basic 4-4-2 counter attack style with the same 11 every week. 

Well when you win races containing a number of ferraris and you're in a nice fiat, you can do whatever you damn well please because beating them is simply astonishing. However, those driving the ferrari cannot really do the driving miss daisy and expect plaudits. 

Looking forward to Mourinho at United.

Wouldn't be surprised to see them make a run at the title next season. No Champions League Football will be a great help.

he would need a complete defensive overhaul though, no defensive midfield type in the Makelele or Matic type roles at the club and certainly nobody you would ever see Chelsea sign at the back

4 minutes ago, Zatman said:

he would need a complete defensive overhaul though, no defensive midfield type in the Makelele or Matic type roles at the club and certainly nobody you would ever see Chelsea sign at the back

They have the best defence in the league.  At the very least, they don't need a complete defensive overhaul.  None of their defenders are old and in Borthwick-Jackson and Fosu-Mensah they have some very good kids knocking on the door.

84f77659e7960b14b1677f18b7039887.png

Â