Manchester United

BOF

16 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

Perhaps Potchettino would be the right man for building them from what they've currently got?  If they're going for Mourinho I'd just get him in now, no point in waiting til the summer.

Don't think Mourinho would sign until the summer, he's no fool and wouldn't want this season on his record 

Say Manchester United won the Europa League but finished 5th in the Premier League, would that mean that 4th place in the league loses their champions league spot to Man Utd?

What if the above happened but then Chelsea won the Champions League would both Chelsea and Manchester United quality for the CL? 

I believe winning the Europa league wouldn't count as taking away a champs spot from the league, but Chelsea winning the champs league would. So the top 3 from our league would make the champs leauge, while United and Chelsea would make it from winning. 

• Like 1

Andy goldstein and Jason Cindy currently talking shite (no surprises) about this lot. When are this ex professionals/slash media gonna pull their heads from their arse, wake up and stop pandering to these idiot players.

Do I think LVG is doing a good job? Not particularly.

Is it because he makes them train the day before a game at k.o. time or eat the same meal the night before. No its not.

If the players are not playing for him because they are unhappy about stuff like that in their Job then **** me they all want sacking. 

I'm no old skool dinosaur, I'm 30 but what the **** has happened to doing Wtf you a told at work? Within reason obv. 

Starting to really dislike this sport.

7 hours ago, villanwesty88 said:

Say Manchester United won the Europa League but finished 5th in the Premier League, would that mean that 4th place in the league loses their champions league spot to Man Utd?

What if the above happened but then Chelsea won the Champions League would both Chelsea and Manchester United quality for the CL? 

nope Spain had 5 teams in it this season

8 minutes ago, Zatman said:

that United team was shocking though only saw 2nd half and they looked woeful. Mata has gone off the boil and at fault for the goal and I dont understand the point or hype about Schneiderlein

But when, are we as a collective audience going to say: Nah hang on a minute, let's stop pointing the finger at him and let's pull him to one side instead. Juan, you cost 37m quid, you're a Spanish international. When on earth are you going to start pulling your socks up.

We're (as an audience) focusing on the wrong thing and to me it's blindingly obvious so I'm not sure why the media/pundits don't push through with their minimal criticisms of players. I don't get it at all. 

Why are we not suggesting walking out of stadiums in protest at players dictating?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Woodytom said:

But when, are we as a collective audience going to say: Nah hang on a minute, let's stop pointing the finger at him and let's pull him to one side instead. Juan, you cost 37m quid, you're a Spanish international. When on earth are you going to start pulling your socks up.

We're (as an audience) focusing on the wrong thing and to me it's blindingly obvious so I'm not sure why the media/pundits don't push through with their minimal criticisms of players. I don't get it at all.

Why are we not suggesting walking out of stadiums in protest at players dictating?

Going forwards we have bigger TV deal -> more wages for players -> players caring less once contract is signed -> football eating itself.

8 hours ago, Woodytom said:

If my manager was as incompetent, dull and arrogant as LVG I would find it really hard to stay motivated myself.

9 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

If my manager was as incompetent, dull and arrogant as LVG I would find it really hard to stay motivated myself.

You're completely missing the point. Of course we all have moments where we are like, Wtf? I had a manager once who came in to the room I was working in for £6.50p/h and said I'm going to swap you all for cheaper eastern Europeans. Whether it was tongue in cheek or not it wasn't motivating and I felt like not trying and walking out the door. But I needed that £6.50p/h, If only to make sure I had a suitable pair of shoes to wear for an interview for a new job.

Not everyone is motivated by money of course. Footballers are tho. They wouldn't demand so much of it if they weren't. They should also be motivated by taking responsibility of their duties themselves. Yes this man's a bit of a boring old fart but there is 70,000 fans out there, of who a lot have probably had to save a bit to come and watch them.

They are not on this planet. I don't know how ppl aren't seeing it and acting on it more. 

Be interesting to see the response to critical banners aimed at the players. And if they can't handle that 'a bit like Wayne Rooney when we booed in South africa', then they need to stop telling us how good they are, when they demand huge wages that they can't perform to. And the media needs to stop telling us too.

I couldn't believe jason Cundy last night: 'I can totally understand why they aren't playing for him, I mean he makes them train the day before a game at the exact time of the games ko whether it's afternoon or evening?

And? Am I missing something? Where is the issue there?

It's a good coaching method. Making your training specific to the game. 

On 2/19/2016 at 00:03, Woodytom said:

I think Juan Mata has more than enough credit in the bank from his time at Chelsea to suggest when the circumstances and team set up is to his benefit he produces some wonderful football.

Schenderlein was excellent at Southampton, indeed this season I don't think his win record has been that bad when he actually plays.

The problems are the tactics, too safety first which impacts on the players mentality.

I also said start of the season they were too weak in central defence and upfront. Can't believe after chasing Sergio Ramos, they didn't have a back up plan and playing Blind there is fudging the issue. 

And upfront too much staked on Rooney and youngsters like Martial and Memphis who's been toss. They really needed another experienced frontman as Rooney can't do the things now he was doing at 24.

On 19/02/2016 at 09:18, Woodytom said:

You're completely missing the point. Of course we all have moments where we are like, Wtf? I had a manager once who came in to the room I was working in for £6.50p/h and said I'm going to swap you all for cheaper eastern Europeans. Whether it was tongue in cheek or not it wasn't motivating and I felt like not trying and walking out the door. But I needed that £6.50p/h, If only to make sure I had a suitable pair of shoes to wear for an interview for a new job.

Not everyone is motivated by money of course. Footballers are tho. They wouldn't demand so much of it if they weren't. They should also be motivated by taking responsibility of their duties themselves. Yes this man's a bit of a boring old fart but there is 70,000 fans out there, of who a lot have probably had to save a bit to come and watch them.

They are not on this planet. I don't know how ppl aren't seeing it and acting on it more. 

Be interesting to see the response to critical banners aimed at the players. And if they can't handle that 'a bit like Wayne Rooney when we booed in South africa', then they need to stop telling us how good they are, when they demand huge wages that they can't perform to. And the media needs to stop telling us too.

I couldn't believe jason Cundy last night: 'I can totally understand why they aren't playing for him, I mean he makes them train the day before a game at the exact time of the games ko whether it's afternoon or evening?

And? Am I missing something? Where is the issue there?

It's a good coaching method. Making your training specific to the game. 

You're misunderstanding how motivation works. This seems to be a theme in your posts where you put the majority of the blame on the players.

I'm not saying the players shouldn't shoulder some blame in the case of United and in our own case, and I completely agree that what Cundy is saying in your post is **** nonsense. Nor am I saying that the players shouldn't be criticised. But this theory that you have that they're paid a lot therefore that should motivate them is flawed. Maybe it SHOULD motivate them in an ideal world. But it doesn't. That's not how human beings work.

Money only motivates people when they need it, or if they particularly want MORE of it.

The £6.50 an hour motivated you because you needed that money. If you didn't work hard you wouldn't have the money and you wouldn't survive without it.
A footballer has money. **** loads of it. It doesn't motivate them because they already have it, they don't need it to survive. Once money becomes something you have a lot of, it ceases to be a motivating factor. That's how human psychology works, on the whole. Something only motivates you until you have enough of it.

Footballers LIKE money, that's why they demand more of it. But that is nowhere near the same thing as being motivated by it. That's where you are blurring the lines.

I could go into detail, but try googling Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs.

'It is quite true that man lives by bread alone — when there is no bread. But what happens to man’s desires when there is plenty of bread and when his belly is chronically filled?

At once other (and “higher") needs emerge and these, rather than physiological hungers, dominate the organism. And when these in turn are satisfied, again new (and still “higher") needs emerge and so on. This is what we mean by saying that the basic human needs are organized into a hierarchy of relative prepotency' (Maslow, 1943, p. 375)

Edited by Stevo985

Â