Manchester United

BOF

31 minutes ago, Chindie said:

Nobody actually supports Manchester City outside of Oasis.

I saw a funny clip of Noel Galagher entering a bar by himself in Istanbul where Man City fans were watching the final. Either nobody knew who he was, or they completely ignored him. I think he thought he'd get a warmer reception..

29 minutes ago, Chindie said:

The thing that's particularly funny about this is they'll sack Ten Hag and expect they've solved the problem, but the problem is the squad is rotten.

The entire club has imploded, and I firmly believe the rot starts at the very top with the owners. They don't understand the game or the club or the league, any of it, and that shows in the scattershot approach they've overseen from the start. 

Which isn't to say there isn't plenty of blame to go around as well. Managers, players, scouting department, the operational people. They do well with sponsorship deals, but that's about it. And even that may start to suffer at this rate. 

The best thing that could happen to them might be relegation. A chance to finally clear house and start fresh with new ownership, just like we have.

Edited by maqroll
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

No, I don't believe that's the right way to go about this.

They need to give him more time, it would be crazy to sack him!!    😈

Watching some Manure fan TV meltdowns for a laugh before inevitable sacking happens

One betting site quoting 33/1 for Emery as their next manager.

Which was a little worrying, until I saw Southgate at 16/1

Ay that point I remembered bookies ain’t got any more of a clue than anyone else.

Whilst is awesome to laugh at Man United, they will always be near the top 5 come the end of the season. We really need this disastrous run to go on as long as possible.

IMO Man City, Liverpool and Arsenal will be top 3.,

Spurs looks decent for 4th or above.

Then its between us, Man U, Chelsea (if they pick up) and Newcastle for fifth and maybe the Champions League

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, pas5898 said:

Whilst is awesome to laugh at Man United, they will always be near the top 5 come the end of the season. We really need this disastrous run to go on as long as possible.

IMO Man City, Liverpool and Arsenal will be top 3.,

Spurs looks decent for 4th or above.

Then its between us, Man U, Chelsea (if they pick up) and Newcastle for fifth and maybe the Champions League

Man Utd have finished outside the Champions League 5 times in the last 10 years and the competition for CL is stronger than ever this season, even if there could be an extra place available. I don't think they necessarily turn it around this time, whether Ten Hag stays or not, as they are paying the price for wasting money on many overpriced and/or ageing players. There are genuinely only a handful of players on their books currently that I think improve our squad, let alone the first 11. Man Utd's transfer strategy & footballing philosophy needs a complete reset (which is never going to happen with the current owners). I really hope they keep Ten Hag in there as long as possible though as it's fun to watch him get a little more broken every game!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, maqroll said:

He makes Ralf Rangnick look charismatic. Extremely dry Dutch personality. He's probably more dynamic coaching mostly Dutch players in the Dutch league, but his style doesn't translate well to England, anyway. 

I wonder where they'd be if they had given Rangnick the job he was actually good at, technical director, rather than put him on a hiding to nothing as temporary manager.

31 minutes ago, Wurzel said:

Utd fans being a bunch of bastards as usual, good to see them getting a taste of their own medicine....

mm United fans are clearings in the woods but away fans should not be in the home end ever. It happened a lot at Villa Park over the years and can lead to unnecessary trouble

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

I wonder where they'd be if they had given Rangnick the job he was actually good at, technical director, rather than put him on a hiding to nothing as temporary manager.

Rangnick wanted the job permanently at one stage

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

mm United fans are clearings in the woods but away fans should not be in the home end ever. It happened a lot at Villa Park over the years and can lead to unnecessary trouble

Agreed, but UTD fans made a fine art out of doing exactly that over the years, so it is nice to see them experiencing it.

• Like 3

Â