Manchester United

BOF

Take away their first two games of the season which leaves their last twelve games and most other clubs' last thirteen games, only Arsenal have taken more points than them and of the two teams that have taken the same amount of points as them in that time one is Man City and the other is Newcastle who have played an extra game.

Make no mistake about it our win against them was a damn good result as we did not only against a bogey team but more impressively against a team who are one of the most in form teams in the league.

We and Man City the only two teams to beat them in the last twelve leaguegames, during that run they've played the likes of Liverpool, Spurs, Chelsea, and Arsenal, beat three of those and drew away to Chelsea.

Whether Ten Hagg is going to get them where they want to get to I don't know but they've been in good form for a while now and from the little bits I've seen of them I think they're showing signs of looking much better as a team rather than a collection of talented players thrown together in the hope that one of them would come up with something.

• Like 2

Forget everything else he's complaining about, the real grievance Ronaldo has is he's had to sit on the bench this season and his ego can't handle it. If he'd started every game for ten Hag there'd be no interview.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, will87 said:

Forget everything else he's complaining about, the real grievance Ronaldo has is he's had to sit on the bench this season and his ego can't handle it. If he'd started every game for ten Hag there'd be no interview.

Can't remember which ex Pro it was who said that he needed therapy after he retired in order to accept that his days were done and there's every danger that Ronaldo is the same

I can see that being a thing, like you say he's on the bench, he's not a key player and he's not handling it well, his near 20 years at the top are over and what we're seeing is a man who hasn't come to terms with it yet, don't think it's necessarily ego but definitely in line with his personality

In about 3 weeks time there will be a lot of tears as another part of his career is over, maybe another mini breakdown occurs at the world cup, will be interesting to see

Edited by villa4europe

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

Can't remember which ex Pro it was who said that he needed therapy after he retired in order to accept that his days were done and there's every danger that Ronaldo is the same

I can see that being a thing, like you say he's on the bench, he's not a key player and he's not handling it well, his near 20 years at the top are over and what we're seeing is a man who hasn't come to terms with it yet, don't think it's necessarily ego but definitely in line with his personality

In about 3 weeks time there will be a lot of tears as another part of his career is over, maybe another mini breakdown occurs at the world cup, will be interesting to see

I agree it will be difficult but he’ll manage better than average players as his phone will still be ringing with calls to do punditry, coaching, sponsorship, mentoring. All that kind of stuff.

Its your middle of the road players who go from everything to nothing over night that struggle the most.

Fairly enjoyable reading the debate  between Man Utd supporters and Ronaldo supporters over whether he called Rooney a rat by saying “him and the rest of the rats…”

Example of the debate -

Man Utd supporter - Can’t believe he called Rooney “a rat”.

CR supporter - He didn’t call him a rat, he referred to the others as rats. Not Rooney.

Man Utd - Can’t believe you and the rest of the other word removed Ronaldo  supporters can think that.

CR supporter - Woah, you can’t call me a “word removed”. Reported.

Man Utd supporter - But I didn’t call you a “word removed”…

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, villa4europe said:

It was Ian Wright

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, BOF said:

United are suing him now :)

I bet he's so worried he's currently heading for a pawn shop to get some cash from his medals.

Ronaldo is upset that (in his words) United are forcing him out… yet United blocked his attempt at leaving in the summer and demanded he stay.

He’s upset at being told to finish the lucrative contract he signed and trying his best to paint himself as the victim.

It looks like it’s backfiring spectacularly and nobody buys it.

18 minutes ago, Genie said:

Ronaldo is upset that (in his words) United are forcing him out… yet United blocked his attempt at leaving in the summer and demanded he stay.

He’s upset at being told to finish the lucrative contract he signed and trying his best to paint himself as the victim.

It looks like it’s backfiring spectacularly and nobody buys it.

I think both parties want out of the deal, the question remaining is which side has to pay. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

I think both parties want out of the deal, the question remaining is which side has to pay. 

Yep, the threat of United suing Ronaldo is probably to create a middle ground where the compromise is neither party pays anything and they tear up the contract.

I think Man Utd need to be careful. They need to be strict, but not set a precedent so that other people can work their way out of a contract in a way Ronaldo did.

I'd put harsh penalties on him (2 weeks wages every other month) and make him play with kids. See how he likes it. If he doesn't, he's in breach of contract.

Either way, where is my popcorn.

20 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

I think in the summer it was similar well from Ten Hag. I suspect some people higher up at United didnt want to lose such a marketable player

Â