VillaGoMarching

3 minutes ago, Genie said:

Yep, a bit of a failure by Levy to prepare for this situation. It was always going to come to a head this summer. He’d either leave so they’d need a replacement, or they’d have to tempt him to stay.

Looks like they’ve done neither.

I think it’s a pretty good deal for them. The time was right to sell. Cash in while they still get resale value for him. A bit like the decision we made on Ings only on a much bigger scale. 

They haven’t even lost much by letting it run down to the last year of his contract. It’s about the same money as City were offering two seasons back.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Spurs will be delighted - that's one year of Champions League money recovered and a bit left over.

Yes, they’ll only need to increase cheese prices by 12% now. 

Edited by It's Your Round
  • Haha 2

Wonder if the Bundesliga refs are going to gift him all these penalties he got in the PL? It's Bayern so I guess they will. Hope not thou, would be hilarious if he started picking up yellow cards for diving instead.

• Like 4

43 minutes ago, sne said:

Wonder if the Bundesliga refs are going to gift him all these penalties he got in the PL? It's Bayern so I guess they will. Hope not thou, would be hilarious if he started picking up yellow cards for diving instead.

This is why I want him to join. 

3 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

Ooooo Spuds 🥔 enjoy your rightful place in the bottom half. 

Honestly, I don’t think this will happen. I think this will give them a chance to build a team and to work with a striker that doesn’t think he’s a box to box player. There will be teething issues, like with is when Grealish went, but I would bet they are competing with us by Jan next year. Sad as I can’t stand them, but I think this will work out well for them.

2 minutes ago, Dodgyknees said:

Honestly, I don’t think this will happen. I think this will give them a chance to build a team and to work with a striker that doesn’t think he’s a box to box player. There will be teething issues, like with is when Grealish went, but I would bet they are competing with us by Jan next year. Sad as I can’t stand them, but I think this will work out well for them.

It depends on how and where they invest the money. Spurs have notoriously spent money poorly (defence especially) i think its a massive job personally 

Spurs had a player (Kane) who scored 30 goals last season and they still finished 8th… 

he will be a huge loss this season and regardless of whatever replacements they sign, I cannot see Spurs improving on last seasons position. 

15 minutes ago, Dodgyknees said:

Dont see it. They need get this replacement spot on as Kane bailed them out so many times

Will probably spend 20 million on somebody like Calvert Lewin or play Richarlison up top which will move them down the table. Wont be able to arrract a replacement near Kane level

Honestly think they might even have a player or two lined up and already agreed. Wouldn't be surprised if Gift Orban and someone on a long loan will be announced over the weekend. 

Nothing to suggest that they will be able to fill Kane's boots thou. Richarlison should be able to improve on his 1 PL goal in 22/23 thou :D 

• Haha 1

Â