VillaGoMarching

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

I would say the one who comes out of this looking stupid is Levy if he leaves on a free or Kane if he signs a new deal

But levy accepted the bid.  Played a blinder even getting £100m for a grandad with 1 yr left on his contract.  He’s looking a **** genius from where I’m standing.

2 minutes ago, Thug said:

But levy accepted the bid.  Played a blinder even getting £100m for a grandad with 1 yr left on his contract.  He’s looking a **** genius from where I’m standing.

It's Euros so around £86M but yeah still not too bad

4 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I'd be interested to see how the people who are calling him a bottler or a loser reacted when Grealish left...

Yes but Kane wasn't trying to leave every year though was he? He basically signed with Spurs until NSWE put their foot down, he was 48 hours from joining Man United the season before he joined City. Kane had Champions League and European football when Jack did not. Didn't do the whole 'my club' I 'idolise Totti for being a one club guy' rhetoric either. Not the same. 

• Like 2

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Fair play for being a loser?

Fair play for him sticking around at his boyhood club.  I imagine it's a pretty big deal for their fans; I wish Grealish had done the same.

I guess I'm a bit of a football romantic like that, though.

• Like 1

Funny, I don’t feel like it’s commendable him staying or that he should be criticised either.

My guess is at the very least he wants the premier league goal scoring record, he knows that there will be options for him next summer in the Premier League. 

So basically I think the choice he had was give up on the record but win a trophy or two in Germany this season or see another season out with spurs, nudge further to the record, then pick whichever premier league team is offering the most money/best chance of medals.

I don’t feel like this is a sincere declaration of his loyalty to Spurs which some may claim it is. It’s a pragmatic weighing up of the options.

2 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Fair play for him sticking around at his boyhood club.  I imagine it's a pretty big deal for their fans; I wish Grealish had done the same.

I guess I'm a bit of a football romantic like that, though.

I don’t think he’s sticking around because he wants to be at spurs though.

He’s sticking around to wind down his contract and leave for free probably to Man Utd and pocket a vast amount of that transfer fee instead.

It is literally the worst thing he could do to his boyhood club.  And I’m soooo glad Grealish DIDN’T do the same.

Unless by some miracle he signs a new contract of course. Then you’d be 💯 right.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

I don’t feel like this is a sincere declaration of his loyalty to Spurs which some may claim it is. It’s a pragmatic weighing up of the options.

Could well be true, yes, although I feel it's the media trying to sell Kane more than any noise he's made?

It's quite telling that he hasn't signed a contract, but that's probably the weighing up r.e: Spurs this season as you say.

If he's staying because he wants to stay at Spurs and commit to them then fair enough. That should be applauded. 

But I very much suspect that's not the case. But who knows. 

Edited by PieFacE
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Fair play for him sticking around at his boyhood club against his wishes.

Fixed that for you

If he really is staying he'll be leaving on a free next year. Probably for a premier league rival.

I know which I'd prefer

Edited by Stevo985

It wouldn’t surprise me if Spurs now are forced to accept a much lower bid from a different club.  This is no loyalty boyhood club bullshit.

unless he signs a contract, he’s literally **** over his boyhood club.

And I’m **** loving him for it 😆😆😆

Edited by Thug

Just now, bobzy said:

Could well be true, yes, although I feel it's the media trying to sell Kane more than any noise he's made?

It's quite telling that he hasn't signed a contract, but that's probably the weighing up r.e: Spurs this season as you say.

The basis for a lot of my hunch is that not turning up for training/pre season a couple of years ago. It was around the same time as Grealish leaving and it was being remarked that at least Jack was acting professionally enough to turn up.

Now that was a while ago, but I’ve never quite shaken the sense Kane has either wanted to leave at the earliest possible point - ideally to a top premier league side, or just wind down his contract at spurs be a free agent and essentially be the girl every guy wants to take to the prom.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, Thug said:

Most expensive defender who pops up with the odd goal every now and then in prem history.

• Haha 2

Bit of a difference between Kane and Jack, Spurs are going backwards. Have been for the past couple of years. Without Kanes goals and clever Penalties they would be mid table fodder. 

We were going forward, had a project, but Jack had already decided that he was going. He nearly went to spurs, he nearly went to Utd, but then came out with that my club my city b@llox then left the following year to join City.

Kane may lack ambition if he stays as Spurs won't be getting top 6 any time soon. But if he rejects the chance of Champions league football and challenging for the leagues then it shows he loves his club at least.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, calcifer said:

Bit of a difference between Kane and Jack, Spurs are going backwards. Have been for the past couple of years. Without Kanes goals and clever Penalties they would be mid table fodder. 

We were going forward, had a project, but Jack had already decided that he was going. He nearly went to spurs, he nearly went to Utd, but then came out with that my club my city b@llox then left the following year to join City.

Kane may lack ambition if he stays as Spurs won't be getting top 6 any time soon. But if he rejects the chance of Champions league football and challenging for the leagues then it shows he loves his club at least.

Disagree.

only signing a new contract shows that he loves the club.

Rejecting a £85-£95m move and leaving for free (so that he can pocket the fee himself) or for a lower fee to a different club proves the exact opposite.

Might as well pull off his shirt and wipe his arse with the Cockerel.

Hate him or not for leaving, but he got us a £100m payday.

Imagine if he’d rejected City £100m just so he could leave for free the next season? Would have felt sick to my core.

Edited by Thug
  • Like 1

Â