VillaGoMarching

Just been reading both in the post match thread and elsewhere about the spurs fans joining in with the "Lerner out" chants and even their own "Lerner to Arsenal" chant. Fair play to them.

My Dad is a bit of a Spurs fan, so that along with what I've heard about today, I hope they go on to win the title.

10 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

it seems a few of their fans are gutted we are going down.

Yeah that's the impression I'm getting from a few areas too. Slightly strange. Nice, but unexpected. I want to say it's because it's a guaranteed six points they won't be getting but it's not like our dynamic with Man Utd, so that can't be the reason.

Previously seen a bit of anti-spurs stuff on here, but I've never felt that way inclined. Obviously I partly like them due to my dad, but I've always wanted them to do well, certainly compared to the other big boys.

Think it may have been that season they had Klinsmann (the first time round) very entertaining. Plus, arguably their most famous goal was scored by Villa, that can't hurt.

def made the right choice throwing EL to win title....dont care who wins it out of arsenal/LCFC/spurs....happy for them all tbf...something different

love to know what Kane value is. must be over 60mil atm to english side....so good

same as Ali..so important for that spurs side atm. fair play to poch. deserves much higher wage

Edited by gharperr

1 hour ago, Rugeley Villa said:

it seems a few of their fans are gutted we are going down.

1 victory over Spurs since 2008, they are as bad as United for our bogey side. 4 goals in 6 years against them :lol:

It's a shame because we always used to beat them!  I remember being at WHL in 2000 giving them a 2 goal head start and winning 4-2 oh those were the days my friends!

• Like 2

14 hours ago, gharperr said:

def made the right choice throwing EL to win title....dont care who wins it out of arsenal/LCFC/spurs....happy for them all tbf...something different

They didn't need to rest players against Dortmund anyway, they might as well have rested them against us.  Still a guaranteed win.

On 11/03/2016 at 22:48, PaulC said:

Leicester yes but not spurs, big London club, they could be challenging for years to come.

They could, and they're certainly more likely to than Leicester, but Spurs are about to go through a period of relative financial pain with their new stadium, and the other sides who have dropped the ball this season surely won't be as poor next time out.  City bringing in Pep will probably give the league the same jolt that Mourinho did when he first went to Chelsea and knocked the likes of United out of their slumber.  Spurs will do very well to be this competitive for the next few seasons.  The other thing they have going against them is that they're not big enough to hold on to the likes of Pochettino if the really big boys come calling. 

4 hours ago, BOF said:

They could, and they're certainly more likely to than Leicester, but Spurs are about to go through a period of relative financial pain with their new stadium, and the other sides who have dropped the ball this season surely won't be as poor next time out.  City bringing in Pep will probably give the league the same jolt that Mourinho did when he first went to Chelsea and knocked the likes of United out of their slumber.  Spurs will do very well to be this competitive for the next few seasons.  The other thing they have going against them is that they're not big enough to hold on to the likes of Pochettino if the really big boys come calling. 

Yes if Real. Barcelona or Bayern come knocking I'm sure Pochettino will leave but other than who else will tempt him. Keeping hold of Kane is the bigger concern because no doubt in my view he's been the best striker in the Premier League the last two seasons.

1 minute ago, PaulC said:

Yes if Real. Barcelona or Bayern come knocking I'm sure Pochettino will leave but other than who else will tempt him. Keeping hold of Kane is the bigger concern because no doubt in my view he's been the best striker in the Premier League the last two seasons.

Keeping hold of players and managers is the least of their problems.  It's one of them, but the other stuff I mentioned will be more of a factor I think.  Either way, they have their work cut out to be challenging for years to come.  I suppose it then boils down to what one regards as challenging.

True but they took their time to recover after the sale of Bale. They have a very good young squad anyway so even with the extra financial burden of the stadium, the tv money is a much bigger factor when Arsenal built theit stadium. Yes you have the likes of Chelsea, Man City and United but United are a long way away, City and Chelsea have ageing squads. Spurs only need to add one or two players a season to compete at the very top of the Premier League in my view.

I miss the days when Spurs bought exciting proven players like Defoe, Kanoute, Keane, Berbatov, Bent and Soldado and were still shit.

I could take solace in knowing that no matter how shit we were Spurs would continue to **** everything up.

Shame.

Edited by rodders0223

9 hours ago, lapal_fan said:

ye man, like, Alli is GOAT atm, or AlliGOAT.

Kane as well man.. KaneGOAT atm.

Pretty sure Poch is GOAT manager atm too.. so obviously pochiGOAT.

sound like really shitty Pokemon's

On 3/11/2016 at 22:48, PaulC said:

Leicester yes but not spurs, big London club, they could be challenging for years to come.

WHL's going to be redeveloped for two years so tough to get a formidable home record going when you're playing 19 games at Wembley and then 19 at Milton Keynes as is being rumoured. You don't win the title when you're winning 9 or 10 home games a season as it will take time to get used to the new surroundings. Arsenal's home record wasn't great the firs year they moved to the Emirates as an example.

Will be the same for Chelsea aswell.

Â