VillaGoMarching

I find it ironic that Spurs fans are complaining about being lowballed with a bid from Bayern for Kane.

It's not like their own chairman does this all the time with any signing they try and make.

Edited by AshVilla

They're screwed without Kane. With him they're bankrupt. Son already dropped off this year and I expect he'll hit the cliff next season.

Maddison and Richarlison are a mid-table forward lineup.

They're going backwards and will be a few years before they're back near the top.

I'd love it if they don't sell Kane now. Turning down 70m for him is madness.

Edited by MrBlack
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, MrBlack said:

They're screwed without Kane. With him they're bankrupt. Son already dropped off this year and I expect he'll hit the cliff next season.

Maddison and Richarlison are a mid-table forward lineup.

They're going backwards and will be a few years before they're back near the top.

I'd love it if they don't sell Kane now. Turning down 70m for him is madness.

Not sure abiyr maddison being a mid table forward he is a decent player and would probably be a first teamer here

For 40m thats a good deal not sure why we are not after him at that price

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Not sure abiyr maddison being a mid table forward he is a decent player and would probably be a first teamer here

As others have said, he's from Coventry and, like Callum Wilson, probably wouldn't come even if we offer more.

150k a week apparently for a player that can be hit and miss. newcastle were in for him too - he'd never have chosen us over those two

Went missing at end of the season when Leicester needed him to step up and even got dropped by a relegation team

3 hours ago, Zatman said:

Went missing at end of the season when Leicester needed him to step up and even got dropped by a relegation team

The penalty miss v Everton impacted him, in the games after he tried to be Beckham v Greece and do everything in final third.

He's a good player and sort Spurs have missed since Eriksen but problem is they're signing him as Kane is leaving and Son is declining so right player at wrong time I suspect.

• Like 2

I wonder if amongst the will-he-won't-he of Kane potentially going to Bayern, there's a thing where Spurs might be between a rock and a hard place in the same way Liverpool were with Salah.

If he goes, they'll be upset, but if he stays they face two problems - the first is the chance of him going for free next summer, they can't allow that, it will finish them off - so they need to offer him a new contract, but, like with Salah, that's going to mean massive money for a player that will be approaching his twighlight years before too long.

Harry will be 30 at the start of the season, he'll want a four year deal and he'll be looking for at least £300k a week - that's a lot of money - but Spurs can't live with losing him for nothing and can't afford to lose faith with their fanbase if they say they can't afford his wages - so they'll need to stump up - and then they get left with the question, will a 34 year old Harry Kane be worth that wage?

The best outcome for Spurs this summer might well be getting a good fee for him, even though it might not feel that way to their fans.

Â