Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

lol no one said anything about letting the weight 'rest' on your ribs, it's just a light touch on the bottom of your sternum. Classic powerlifting form, absolutely text book.

So at what point is the strain removed from your shoulder joint? In fact the total opposite is true, the lower you bring the bar the more strain you're placing on your rotator cuff. 

I'm not saying you SHOULDN'T do that, I'm just saying. You're wrong. 

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.

lol no one said anything about letting the weight 'rest' on your ribs, it's just a light touch on the bottom of your sternum. Classic powerlifting form, absolutely text book.

So at what point is the strain removed from your shoulder joint? In fact the total opposite is true, the lower you bring the bar the more strain you're placing on your rotator cuff. 

I'm not saying you SHOULDN'T do that, I'm just saying. You're wrong. 

Not at all, if your elbows are tucked, as opposed to being flared out, the stress on your shoulders is pretty minimal. Elbows flared out + 'half' rep is a recipe for disaster as far as your shoulders are concerned.

The half rep has absolutely nothing to do with it. Nothing at all. 

Read what I wrote, don't assume something I didn't. 

I answered your question viz. shoulder strain with the point on how you position your elbows when benching.

Edited by Dr_Pangloss

Your mom's a gym bore.

Also, seeing as you have gym bores and car bores tied at the top, accountant's should be 3rd not 2nd.

You lose a-hole.

You point that out as being the main problem with that list, an 'insufferably dull people' list that doesn't include John Major?

Eric Burdon (Animals)

Eric, it's a 30 minute interview on BBC 6, pick one accent and stick to it. I don't care if you're a California kinda guy, a geordie or Elvis. But pick one, and stick to it. Almost unlistenable, y'all wayey, man.

Â