Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

I want her to ask him a question about ladyboys or robots or Stalin. I just can't wait to hear the accent the answer comes out in.

Eric, do you have an opinion on Stalinist ladyboy robots?

Gym bores are up there with car bores on the 'insufferably dull people' list.

=1. Gym bores

=1. Car bores

2. Accountants

I'm an accountant for a car manufacturer and spend 4 days a week in the gym

sunshine-bear-suicide.gif

• Like 2

Perfect storm. Like a girl I knew at university, who claimed she was potentially the world champion at looking after money - she was an accountancy student, born in Yorkshire to Scots parents. And Jewish. 

Perfect storm. Like a girl I knew at university, who claimed she was potentially the world champion at looking after money - she was an accountancy student, born in Yorkshire to Scots parents. And Jewish. 

Is there a difference between "Scot," "Scottish" and "Scots?" Genuine question.

They prefer to be referred to as "Scotch".

Ordering food at a pub, being told there's a gonna be wait, giving the pub an hour and a half benefit of the doubt, before finding out they've cocked up and your food hasn't even been considered/known about, and getting offered a free garlic bread (cost £1.50) to make amends. Then turned down the £25 meal voucher for the principal of the thing as it amounts to a bribe to get me to spend cash there again, and got a refund.

And then feeling bad about it because who I was with would have preferred I not asked for a refund and just let them do the order :(

They prefer to be referred to as "Scotch".

For Ivan's benefit: they don't really. 

"Scotch" is whisky. 

"Scot" is a singular noun ("Billy Connolly is a Scot"). 

"Scots" is both a plural noun ("All Scots are drunkards") and also an adjective ("Billy Connolly is Scots"). 

"Scottish" is an adjective, synonymous with "Scots" (definition [2], above). 

Geoff Shreeves. He really is an absolute rocket polisher of a "interviewer". just saw his interview on monday with RVP and one of 1st questions he asked was how does it feel your first return to Emirates is as a champion. just trying to get a bite luckily RVP had some dignity with his response

What extra stress are you putting on your shoulder joints? At no point should the weight actually rest on your ribs and bouncing is an absolute no-no. If your shoulder's ache after benching you should do more work on your shoulders. 

I'm not debating how you should bench press, I know how to do that. I'm advocating half reps, there's nothing "wrong" with them. 

Two inches is pathetic though yeah, I'm with you on that.

Ah, I see the gym thread has temporarily leaked into this one. So without further ado ... On the half-rep versus bounce. I see the half rep as an absolute cheat and waste of time. Now I may be wrong and I acknowledge the (mental) benefits that you mention, but personally for me, If I'm going to do a bench incorrectly at all, I'd rather go a full rep and bounce rather than half rep. Obviously I'd rather do neither and I don't do either of them, but in a choice between those 2 incorrect methods, I'll take the full ROM over the half and suffer the mild bruising (yeah it has happened).

Â