Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

plastic football fans. they are so irritating. the thing im used to Man United and Liverpool and sort of get it, they are close enough to Ireland and had lots of Irish players in their history, but Barcelona, come on. Was lots of them in pub last night and im sure about 2% can even speak a word of Spanish or know the difference between Catalonia and Spain.

Worst is 1 lad I know was a United fan until 2009 Champions LEague final and then became a die-hard Barcelona fan that night

I'm no expert, but I'm pretty sure 15,500 tracks is nowhere near enough to fill a 120gb ipod

I'm up to 9659 tracks and that's worked out about 72gb.  So actually, at that rate (allowing for album art) mine will probably top out somewhere between 15k-16k tunes (unless basic math has eluded me once more, something which is quite probable).

Fair enough, I stand corrected.

FOr some reason I remember my old 40gb ipod being able to hold 30,000 songs. But I guess that was probably based on the smallest sized track you could get.

My mate has just cancelled his TV licence because he recons he doesn't watch any TV and only ever watches things on catch up or on demand

I dont think I could do that, I dont watch my TV at all but the catch up stuff does my head in.

My mate has just cancelled his TV licence because he recons he doesn't watch any TV and only ever watches things on catch up or on demand

I dont think I could do that, I dont watch my TV at all but the catch up stuff does my head in.

Fair enough, but he's still supposed to have a TV licence!

If the system works, they'll be around just to make sure he doesn't have his house wired. If it's the same as here, it doesn't matter whether you watch TV or not. It's not even whether you own a TV. It's whether your house is equipped to receive the signal.

I don't think he does.

I'm sure there was a thread on here a couple of weeks ago where it said that if you were purely watching catchup TV on a laptop then you didn't need a license.

Advertisement on videos and catch up services. 4OD have three breaks to show 6 30 second clips each time on a 45 min program and on youtube the other day I watched a video and about 10 advert boxes popped up during it that I had to close them every time.

If there is a vid on youtube that has a forced 30 second advert I refuse to watch it and just close the tab.

Or on ITV player to watch an England match (I know, I know) sit through the farking adverts for it to say "content not working, try later" So you do, but you have to watch the bloody ads every time to find out that it's still not working.

I don't think he does.

I'm sure there was a thread on here a couple of weeks ago where it said that if you were purely watching catchup TV on a laptop then you didn't need a license.

That would be an interesting defence in court :)

You need a TV licence if you watch or record broadcast TV (or have the equipment to do so). However they would have to prove you use or own such equipment and they do not have right of entry to your property unless they have your invitation. It's worth noting though, that all computers connected to the internet require that you have a TV licence as they can receive broadcast TV through sites like TVcatchup (although that's never been tested in court).

Advertisement on videos and catch up services. 4OD have three breaks to show 6 30 second clips each time on a 45 min program and on youtube the other day I watched a video and about 10 advert boxes popped up during it that I had to close them every time.

If there is a vid on youtube that has a forced 30 second advert I refuse to watch it and just close the tab.

Use chrome?

if so, download the Ad Blocker Pro Chrome App.

It'll remove every advert from YouTube (and most other sites for that matter) including the video ones.

But put VT on your "white list" (or donate) otherwise simon will lose money and he'll get angry. And you don't want to see him when he's angry.

Edited by Stevo985

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/adblock/gighmmpiobklfepjocnamgkkbiglidom?hl=en

But disable it for VT.

Edited by AVFCforever1991

Â