Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

I really REALLY like it.

But I've only heard it thrice, so maybe it gets old fast.

So I found out just by pitch-shifting Get Lucky, the track sounds a lot like Michael Jackson. The "He-hee's", "Woo's" , "shamonas" and other MJ sounds developed on their own when the track sped up.

The fact that, thanks to Houlston's latest topic title, I can't navigate onto the VillaTalk homepage without singing "I got another confession to make" in a Dave Grohl voice.

Only in me' head though. Obviously.

I really REALLY like it.

But I've only heard it thrice, so maybe it gets old fast.

So I found out just by pitch-shifting Get Lucky, the track sounds a lot like Michael Jackson. The "He-hee's", "Woo's" , "shamonas" and other MJ sounds developed on their own when the track sped up.

I can't hear that video at work, but as a huge MJ fan, that's perfectly alright with me!

Now you know how I feel when I'm on night shifts.

Tis a lonely existence.

*was in reply to stevo moaning about how quiet it was but I forgot to press quote

Edited by Ingram85

If that wasnt daft punk and williams the song wouldnt do anything 

It wouldn't chart as highly, I agree. But it would still be a good song.

(in fact the first time I heard it I loved it and I didn't realise it was Daft Punk or Pharell (although I had a decent guess by the end of the song that it was either Daft Punk or Daft Punk influenced as it's quite clearly their style in the second half of the song))

If Michael Jackson had recorded it then I don't really understand your point. Jacko could have recorded 3 minutes of him reading the dictionary and it would sell thousands.

looking at his last five singles released would lead me to believe it wouldn't make the top ten .....where the "line up" you have now ....its a no1 for sure world wide

Hmmm I take your point to an extent but I think I still disagree.

Technically the last few singles from jackson were crap and didn't chart well (don't know if stuff from "Michael" even charted at all?). But they were all either crap remixes from Akon and the like, or rapidly hashed together posthumous stuff.

If you count the stuff he actually did while he was alive (i.e. anything from Number Ones back) more or less everything's charted pretty well.

Invincible was a terrible album, but it sold like 15 million copies.

I'd be tempted to say if Michael Jackson was alive and had recorded "Get Lucky" it would have sold more than it will with Daft Punk and Pharell as the "lineup".

Edited by Stevo985

If it was the late 80s or early 90 I would agree but after Mj Bumming 2 young lads and macauly "allegedly"  he lost the gloss that made him ....err well BAD to coin it 

with daft punk your getting the europeans mid 30 down and with williams ..been a universal hit maker say ...most of the audience in the us

Mj would only sell well in say rome and for the 30 + audience if even anymore 

I still disagree.

Again, Invincible sold 13 million (i checked) albums, and that was after the paedo allegations (before the later ones, but still). Ok that was 10 years ago but it was still the 21st century and his last proper album (not a greatest hits or remix album)

I'm not sure Daft Punk have sold 13 million albums in their career.

Anyway, doesn't matter. I do actually think it's a great song, with or without Daft Punk and Pharell, but agree that it will do better commercially because it's them than it would with some unknown artist.

But that's true of nearly every song ever, more or less.

Edited by Stevo985

Going back to bodily emissions for a moment: I remember when I was teenager, I was able to blast a hot load over my shoulder (in a lying down on my back position)

How many times did you miss and give yourself a facial

I bet LOTS

Daft Punk haven't written anything decent since Discovery (except maybe the Tron soundtrack).  That pisses me off, because I **** loved Discovery, and it shouldn't, because they're clearly capable of better.  'Get Lucky' could be any crossover Balearic house track from the late 90's.

Â