Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

Having to explain to customer, over the phone, after the fact, that our 'Won't Be Beaten on Trade-ins!' offer, is not a caveat free offer of charity, since we're a business.

She couldn't understand that we couldn't give her £10 for something we sell for £8, even if a competitor would offer the £10.

And she decided to ring up to question this after having gone through with the transaction having had this explained to her at the till the day before!.

I bought an 18-pack of crisps the other day and eat 3 bags in the first day. So I've brought the other 15 in to the guys in work to share around, rather than eat them myself. I knew I shouldn't have bought them in the first place. I can not control myself around salted snacks :)

Been craving salt and vinegar for a few days now.

I have just bought 'the collected works of edgar allan poe''

A bird at work said 'who is he'

This shocked me to start off with because I would have at least expected people these days to at least know his name.

I explained who he was and she just looked completely blank so I explained about the simpsons episode with the raven and nevermore from the halloween special

all of a sudden her eyes lit up and she said..............HE MUST BE FAMOUS IF THE SIMPSONS WROTE AN EPISODE ABOUT HIM

WHAT THE **** MAN WHAT IS THE MATTER WITH PEOPLE

being serious, who is he?

and not watching The Simpsons, the above clue doesn't help.

Having to explain to customer, over the phone, after the fact, that our 'Won't Be Beaten on Trade-ins!' offer, is not a caveat free offer of charity, since we're a business.

She couldn't understand that we couldn't give her £10 for something we sell for £8, even if a competitor would offer the £10.

And she decided to ring up to question this after having gone through with the transaction having had this explained to her at the till the day before!.

maybe i've mis-understood, but you have a motto "we won't be beaten on price" but in reality you will be beaten on price? is that correct?

maybe i've mis-understood, but you have a motto "we won't be beaten on price" but in reality you will be beaten on price? is that correct?

I was also confused by that also, but didnt want to ask incase I appeared dumb.

This shocked me to start off with because I would have at least expected people these days to at least know his name.

I explained who he was and she just looked completely blank so I explained about the simpsons episode with the raven and nevermore from the halloween special

all of a sudden her eyes lit up and she said..............HE MUST BE FAMOUS IF THE SIMPSONS WROTE AN EPISODE ABOUT HIM

Bloke who wrote Tarzan.

A motto doesn't equate to T's & C's and small print, though.

Bloke who wrote Tarzan.

Not_sure_if_serious.jpg

We got ourselves another Orwellgate, here.

We got ourselves another Orwellgate, here.

Who?

Don't worry guys, there's a movie with Edgar Allen Poe in it coming out soon so everyone will know who he is then.

To be fair though, some people just don't enjoy literature. We all have our own interests. For instance, I could talk my sister's ear off about films, books and alternative music, but if she started telling me about Glee and Keeping Up with the Kardashians, I wouldn't have a clue. And I wouldn't have it any other way.

To be fair though, some people just don't enjoy literature. We all have our own interests. For instance, I could talk my sister's ear off about films, books and alternative music, but if she started telling me about Glee and Keeping Up with the Kardashians, I wouldn't have a clue. And I wouldn't have it any other way.

This!!!4

I have little patience for Shakespeare and Sherlock Holmes etc etc etc

Bloke who wrote Tarzan.

Not_sure_if_serious.jpg

:lol:

In all honesty though, I've heard of him before but I don't know anything more about him other than the fact that he was an author.

Â