Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

Having to explain to customer, over the phone, after the fact, that our 'Won't Be Beaten on Trade-ins!' offer, is not a caveat free offer of charity, since we're a business.

She couldn't understand that we couldn't give her £10 for something we sell for £8, even if a competitor would offer the £10.

And she decided to ring up to question this after having gone through with the transaction having had this explained to her at the till the day before!.

maybe i've mis-understood, but you have a motto "we won't be beaten on price" but in reality you will be beaten on price? is that correct?

I was also confused by that also, but didnt want to ask incase I appeared dumb.

The company has an offer that states we will beat any local competitors price, however like pretty much any offer in any store, theres terms and conditions, and caveats to that. A big one, which can be seen on any piece of advertising we put out for this offer, is that it's at the managers discretion. And in our store, and any other managed by someone with a brain, it is at the managers discretion that we will not price match ourselves into a loss - after all, we're a business, not a charity. We won't price match something to a tenner that we sell for £9.

In cases where it is likely that we will potentially have that happen, we let the customer know that, we price match everything we can and the other things we cannot they are free to take our normal offer, or take them to the competitor.

This was explained to this woman, she continued the transaction, and then rung up to moan about it the next day.

Paid a road-toll at the booth recently.

I generally have the correct change and don't go to the booth.

Not sure about the UK, but in Ireland, the machines don't accept copper coins.

At the booth, I handed the cashier a €2 coin to pay for a €1.80 toll.

I had driven off before looking at my change, but when I did I noticed he have given me:

1 x 10 cent coin

1 x 5 cent coin (copper)

1 x 2 cent coin (copper)

3 x 1 cent coin (coppers)

I know it's all legal tender, but if your machines don't accept it off me, why the fu*k do you expect me to accept it off you?

It definitely will not happen again as I will be more attentive the next time.

Ive eaten my lunch already! Fucksocks!!!

I made myself turkey sandwiches today for lunch, I never ever do that but at 9:10 this morning I was about to tuck into them so I went and got some marmite on toast to keep me from devouring them

I'm in danger of eating my lunch early too. I made myself a wrap with wholegrain mustard, ham, beef tomato, iceberg lettuce, chopped spring onion, freshly grated cheese and grated fresh ginger. I can smell it already, through the cling film, calling to me. I will regret it afterwards, but it's hard...not...to...

I didn't bring any lunch today (couldn't be arsed last night), I was hoping it would be someones birthday and there would be some cakes / samosa's about but it seems I'll have to buy something :-(

I didn't bring any lunch today (couldn't be arsed last night), I was hoping it would be someones birthday and there would be some cakes / samosa's about but it seems I'll have to buy something :-(

I usually skip lunch. Bad I know. But I always feel too tired after eating it.

Tomatoes, pointless fruit/vegetable/salad, that tastes horrible and ruins so many sandwiches. This goes back to my childhood.

:shock: I don't think a day goes by that I don't eat at least one tomato in some form or another. Love them.

Here's one.

The fact that there is a clear movement by those within football trying to eliminate all forms of 'abusive' chanting at the moment but that it is being done very cleverly under the guise of kicking out racism and homophobia. Both of which should be eliminated. But that this movement is clearly not stopping there, and hasn't been worded in that way. Taking it to it's natural conclusion, calling the referee a rocket polisher will be an ejectable offence and we've clearly established from other threads that there's only too many willing ears ready to do the bidding of the powers that be without ever using independent thought.

Â