Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

Tomatoes, pointless fruit/vegetable/salad, that tastes horrible and ruins so many sandwiches. This goes back to my childhood.

I approve this message :thumb:

They're on SO many sandwiches. Totally ruins them.

Everybody has some food that they think is disgusting, that other people think is delicious.

For me it's spinach.

Mine

l.jpg

Photo doesn't flatter it to be fair but trust me..........delicioussss mmmmm

Everybody has some food that they think is disgusting, that other people think is delicious.

For me it's spinach.

Mine

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT-W1LYqPs9QpwTJdFbbt65q-PUNiV3y86PCZwazDx1vFEqWdf6DaBbjp31XQ

Link fail. But without looking, I bet it's mayonnaise.

Brian is trying to rival Chindie as the most articulate poster on the forum. I am going to be honest and say I didnt get most of that. :?

But maybe its me and not you.

I totally got it.

"Stamping out" racist and homophobic chanting could potentially lead to stamping out 90% of ALL football chanting.

For me it's spinach.

Mine

l.jpg

Thank **** it wasnt shark fin soup...BOF would have gone tits!!!

TBH I don't want any green stuff in sandwiches - lettuce, cucumber, etc. I invariably remove it and throw it away if I can't get a sandwich without any.

Tomatoes and onions are OK though.

But some of the non racist and homophobic chanting is disgusting. Some of the abuse I heard Rooney get at the emirates was below the belt. When you start talking about another mans wife etc.

For me it's spinach.

Mine

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT-W1LYqPs9QpwTJdFbbt65q-PUNiV3y86PCZwazDx1vFEqWdf6DaBbjp31XQ

Link fail. But without looking, I bet it's mayonnaise.

Patience!

For me it's spinach.

Mine

l.jpg

Thank **** it wasnt shark fin soup...BOF would have gone tits!!!

Oh, I see. It's stuff you like that others don't. What is it? Octopus? I'm OK with that as long as it's stopped moving.

buying a sandwich on the go is a bloody nightmare for me

I don't eat any veg or mayo and I think gregg's near me is about the only place that will sell a plain cheese or Ham without putting mayo in it

(subway closed down :-( )

my local Tesco will sell a "cheese" sandwich but flick it over and read the ingredients and you'll soon see it has mayo sneaked in there .. why would you do that , it's either cheese or it's cheese and mayonnaise .. get it right

needless to say I've never brought a sandwich in Pret a manger

But some of the non racist and homophobic chanting is disgusting. Some of the abuse I heard Rooney get at the emirates was below the belt. When you start talking about another mans wife etc.

There. See? You've already re-drawn the line with that sentence. We're already into non-racist, non-homophobic chanting. Then it becomes a discussion about what is or isn't acceptable.

It becomes a sliding scale where the ONLY safe thing is to ban swearing altogether for fear of someone being (omg) offended!!! Because remember, we all live in Happy-land in a gumdrop house on lollipop lane - and if we don't, we won't stop until we do.

Here's one.

The fact that there is a clear movement by those within football trying to eliminate all forms of 'abusive' chanting at the moment but that it is being done very cleverly under the guise of kicking out racism and homophobia. Both of which should be eliminated. But that this movement is clearly not stopping there, and hasn't been worded in that way. Taking it to it's natural conclusion, calling the referee a rocket polisher will be an ejectable offence and we've clearly established from other threads that there's only too many willing ears ready to do the bidding of the powers that be without ever using independent thought.

Food for thought:

Is hurling insults at someone's family really any better than carrying out racist or homophobic verbal abuse?

I think All forms of abuse that are directed at the private lives of others should be stamped out.

Â