Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

My boss and the other guy I work with have been given some cases of beer by our printer suppliers for using them and they have left them on the spare desk by us and so for nearly 2 weeks now the same thing keeps happening over and over.
At least you got the beer. One place I used to work, we did some big rush job for one client, and some months later I was talking to one of their guys, who said: "Did you lads enjoy the whisky?"

"Whisky?" I said, "What whisky?"

"The 12 bottles we gave to Jim [our - Glaswegian, natch - general manager] to distribute among the team as a 'thank you'".

We never had a sniff of it. When we mentioned it to Jim, he just smirked and told us to get back to work. word removed.

It's not even a particularly egregious act. It's just the pettiness of it compared to the simple morale boost that the small gesture would've given. It would've been easier just to give you the booze. Also tells you what regard he held you all in. As I said, word removed :)

When I used to work in a logistics office, we used about 50 different haulage companies and every Christmas, hampers full of booze and various food items would arrive by the dozen, all addressed to various members of staff. The department boss would snag the lot. What's worse, he used to make me and one of the other guys load his car up with it every day. There was so much stuff it was usually mid-January by the time he'd got the lot. Tosser even kept a note of all incoming goodies in case anyone tried to snaffle some. Can't describe how demoralising it was to put a Fortnums hamper into his car when it had a label on it addressed to me. He was a total clearing in the woods but I was too young to pluck up the courage to challenge him.

Oh and back on topic - people who think that when they are driving on the motorway, half a second of indicating is enough for them to change lanes, regardless of whether there is space for them or not. So many times I'm tempted not to cede so they drive straight into me but then I think that at 70 miles an hour, they might not just bounce off my car.

My boss and the other guy I work with have been given some cases of beer by our printer suppliers for using them and they have left them on the spare desk by us and so for nearly 2 weeks now the same thing keeps happening over and over...

I sit there going about my work when I in the corner of my eye someone coming over to us. I can see they have spotted the beer and a grin is now starting to spread on their face and I think to myself "Ugh... here comes another side splitter...". They hold up an empty toner cartridge and say "Can I get a new ones of these, and ..." Big grin, pointing towards the beer "one of those!?".

The first time wasn't funny but I gave a little laugh out of politeness, I'm a polite person, but now I just give them a look of pity.

Tomorrow I'm going to put the beer in our back room before I have to hurt somebody.

I feel for you. There's a woman who sits near me who says, 'Ooh, having a beer?', everytime she hears me open a can of pop. Like you, I try to be polite, but I could snap one day and end up over-arming the can at her head.

The one I get at work is mainly from any other English people. I love Indian food, I am from Brum so this is to be expected. I eat the stuff I like so If I am going to have one or had one yesterday or someone mentions it in passing.....

"What did you have ? A mild cream Korma ?"

"Korma is too hot for you I reckon !!"

"Korma, Korma cameleon"

"I had a Madras, Neil of course ate lightly heated goats milk with sugar in"

FFS, it's about eating what you like the taste of NOT how hot it is. I dunno, maybe it's because they are not from Brum or something so that should always be taken into account.

Oh and back on topic - people who think that when they are driving on the motorway, half a second of indicating is enough for them to change lanes, regardless of whether there is space for them or not. So many times I'm tempted not to cede so they drive straight into me but then I think that at 70 miles an hour, they might not just bounce off my car.

Annoying but not quite as good as when people indicate after the change lane manoeuvre has been completed.

So manoeuvre, mirror then signal.

My boss and the other guy I work with have been given some cases of beer by our printer suppliers for using them and they have left them on the spare desk by us and so for nearly 2 weeks now the same thing keeps happening over and over...

I sit there going about my work when I in the corner of my eye someone coming over to us. I can see they have spotted the beer and a grin is now starting to spread on their face and I think to myself "Ugh... here comes another side splitter...". They hold up an empty toner cartridge and say "Can I get a new ones of these, and ..." Big grin, pointing towards the beer "one of those!?".

The first time wasn't funny but I gave a little laugh out of politeness, I'm a polite person, but now I just give them a look of pity.

Tomorrow I'm going to put the beer in our back room before I have to hurt somebody.

I feel for you. There's a woman who sits near me who says, 'Ooh, having a beer?', everytime she hears me open a can of pop. Like you, I try to be polite, but I could snap one day and end up over-arming the can at her head.

The one I get at work is mainly from any other English people. I love Indian food, I am from Brum so this is to be expected. I eat the stuff I like so If I am going to have one or had one yesterday or someone mentions it in passing.....

"What did you have ? A mild cream Korma ?"

"Korma is too hot for you I reckon !!"

"Korma, Korma cameleon"

"I had a Madras, Neil of course ate lightly heated goats milk with sugar in"

FFS, it's about eating what you like the taste of NOT how hot it is. I dunno, maybe it's because they are not from Brum or something so that should always be taken into account.

Totally understand this one.

I tend to stick to Rogan/Rezala type heat because I like the flavour. I often get "Be a man - have a Phaal/Vindaloo."

No you clearing in the woods, I want to taste my food and enjoy it... not feel like my face is on fire for no reason other than to compensate for my laughable lack of a penis. :D

Today's common misnomer. "You can't taste it when it's that hot". I regularly eat vindaloo and yes, I can taste it perfectly! If anything, the heat awakens my taste buds. It all depends on your tolerance of course. If you don't like it that hot then you probably can't taste it that hot, but it's not like that for us all. I don't like phaal though. The heat isn't the problem. It's just not a nice flavour. It's like someone took a regular dish and drowned it in tabasco. It's just yuck. I prefer an extra hot vindaloo if I want phaal strength without phaal flavour.

Today's common misnomer. "You can't taste it when it's that hot". I regularly eat vindaloo and yes, I can taste it perfectly! If anything, the heat awakens my taste buds. It all depends on your tolerance of course. If you don't like it that hot then you probably can't taste it that hot, but it's not like that for us all. I don't like phaal though. The heat isn't the problem. It's just not a nice flavour. It's like someone took a regular dish and drowned it in tabasco. It's just yuck. I prefer an extra hot vindaloo if I want phaal strength without phaal flavour.

You, my good man, have a ring of steel! I salute you! :notworthy:

I like the idea that wherever you get your take away from doesnt just get all the curries from the same pot and add chillis / chilli powder accordingly.

But that rule only applies to curry. Thai food and Mexican stuff I love hot. Chuck on the chillis... not a problem. Just find hot curry deeply unpleasant.

back onto the curry debate

it realy annoys me when people say ''you only eat that because you wanna make yourself look good, you cant taste it etc etc''

whenever I have a meal it is always at least a madras heat, even if I am eating one in my own home in my own company thats just how I enjoy them very often I will have vindaloo's purely because I fancy one and actually enjoy the taste of them, I dont slag people off for eating ''pussy currys'' but I dont go around bragging that I eat hot currys because I am a real man''

just leave me to enjoy my meal

if I want a meal to be mind blowingly how the I have a ceylon from the curry gardens on york road in erdington, its unlike any ceylon I have ever had before proper **** hot but still tasty as ****

Horse riders riding 2 a breast.

If I was on a horse riding to a breast, I think I'd be galloping. There's be no holding back, AP McCoy styleee charge.

A shame it's only the one breast, but 1 is better than none.

Â