Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

44 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Cadbury advent calendar.

The chocolate tastes like it's got  liquor in it or it's been manufactured amongst chemicals!

Tasted it from my one on day one. My daughter gave me the one from her calendar this morning, same problem.

Absolute rancid shit.

I don't understand. Everything is chemicals. What did you think it would be made "amongst"?

27 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

I'm not sure what there is to understand.

Eating chocolate for years. So when you go to eat the same chocolate and it tastes like shite or 'tainted' that's where the problem is.

Chocolate is made of chemicals and in things made of chemicals. It tastes of chemicals because that's what it is.

1 minute ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

I'll take that as a compliment.  :thumb:

I was just being silly :)

On your actual point, years ago there were changes to loads of Cadbury's stuff so if it wasn't actually "Dairy Milk" you were buying, the chocolate was cheaper shite, think it affected cream eggs, etc, and they saved their better stuff specifically for Dairy Milk, wouldn't be surprised if the advent calendar chocolate is the cheap shit. 

People complaining about the standard of Cadbury Chocolate :D 

Its shit, what did you expect 

This is a company that allowed raw waste to drip into its products for a very long time before they were found out

I fully expect the pelters but take those Brum tinted glasses off, it’s shite chocolate

• Like 1

I think I must just have an unsophisticated palette when it comes to chocolate. Never really noticed any change in taste when a company changes hands. I don’t find myself thinking one brand is significantly better than an other.

The vast majority of chocolate I’m left thinking “Yeah, it’s chocolate, nice.”

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

I think I must just have an unsophisticated palette when it comes to chocolate. Never really noticed any change in taste when a company changes hands. I don’t find myself thinking one brand is significantly better than an other.

The vast majority of chocolate I’m left thinking “Yeah, it’s chocolate, nice.”

Same. I've just had a Twirl, and really enjoyed it. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, limpid said:

Chocolate is made of chemicals and in things made of chemicals. It tastes of chemicals because that's what it is.

Correct, various ones too.

The point I was making in the op, where it's been manufactured, it's like it's had someone standing next to the production line with a pot of paint like it's contaminated the product and it's been 'tainted'.

Edited by AvfcRigo82

2 hours ago, Xela said:

Excellent fishing ;) 

How do you know when Apple have an event launch? An Android fan will tell you!

AMIRITE?

I knew it’d get some “feedback”. I use all 3, Win, Mac and Linux. Win is better/ has more kind of officey stuff, Linux is open source and benefits from that community and stuff, but Macs really are better/ more user friendly at media stuff. The question was whether they can pick from different sizes of image preview thingies in a window. Win you can pick from a menu of small or medium or large. Mac you just move a slider and have whatever suits you best. Press the space bar you get to see the file or video running without having to open it. Linux sort of does that too, but more clunkily.

So what pisses me off is that you can’t even make a simple comment about one aspect of one type of OS without people thinking you’re fishing or a fanatic. 

1 hour ago, bickster said:

People complaining about the standard of Cadbury Chocolate :D 

Its shit, what did you expect 

This is a company that allowed raw waste to drip into its products for a very long time before they were found out

I fully expect the pelters but take those Brum tinted glasses off, it’s shite chocolate

Not seen anyone else mention it lately so I'll assume this post is directed at me. But yeah, I read about their practices years ago etc.

Maybe the chocolate in this advent calendar has fallen foul to the same problem?

I should buy some Revels instead, I might enjoy the traces of rubber within if their recent product recall is anything to go by.  😁

2 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Not seen anyone else mention it lately so I'll assume this post is directed at me. But yeah, I read about their practices years ago etc.

Maybe the chocolate in this advent calendar has fallen foul to the same problem?

I should buy some Revels instead, I might enjoy the traces of rubber within if their recent product recall is anything to go by.  😁

Not aimed at anyone really, more a Cadbury’s is shit chocolate post :D 

8 minutes ago, bickster said:

I guess I'd better not eat the whole of this over Christmas, then. (Beer bottle for scale). 

IMG20231205210836.jpg

Just now, mjmooney said:

I guess I'd better not eat the whole of this over Christmas, then. (Beer bottle for scale). 

IMG20231205210836.jpg

Up to you, each to their own but as milk chocolate goes it’s horrid stuff with the bare minimum of cocoa solids. It can’t even be labelled as chocolate in the EU as it doesn’t contain enough cocoa. Iirc it’s somewhere around 22% and to meet EU standards it needs to be 25%. I think it has to be labelled as something daft to be sold there

25 minutes ago, bickster said:

Added to that, IIRC, they were also 'apparently' using stale/recycled chocolate on products like boost, picnic etc. 

Edited by AvfcRigo82
Slpelnig

Cadbury is basically the decent everyman choice of milk chocolate. Its good. There are far worse. There are many more that are 'better' that cost lots more.

**** snobbery man.

Edited by Chindie
  • Like 3

17 minutes ago, bickster said:

Up to you, each to their own but as milk chocolate goes it’s horrid stuff with the bare minimum of cocoa solids. It can’t even be labelled as chocolate in the EU as it doesn’t contain enough cocoa. Iirc it’s somewhere around 22% and to meet EU standards it needs to be 25%. I think it has to be labelled as something daft to be sold there

Yeah, I know. The wife bought it. 

I'll still eat it. (KW?) 

• Haha 1

Â