Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

3 hours ago, DCJonah said:

My GP surgery opens at 8am. Every single time I phone at 8am I get a message saying the queue is full and then the call ends. 

In the past I've had to queue up outside the surgery at 7 30, to make sure I can get an appointment on the day. 

It's a broken system.

I had to phone mine yesterday and had exactly same. It took me until about 3.30pm before I could get through.

However, they did then get a GP to call me back for a virtual appointment around 5pm and then offered me a face to face one for Friday so not all back.

5 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

In terms of private, I'm lucky enough to get private healthcare through my employer. Up until last year it was insanely fast to get appointments and treatments. But this year I/ve used it a lot (for my son mostly) and it's been noticeably busier. Much much busier. It's only anecdotal evidence but I imagine it's because a lot more people are being "forced" to go down the private route to get seen

I get private via work too which is great, however I need a referral from a GP before I can speak to them which can be tricky. 

4 hours ago, Xela said:

Definitely regional differences. My Folks have been over Telford way for 4 years now and they're still impressed how easy it is to see a doctor. It was nigh on impossible at their old surgery in Erdington. 

Is that High Street Erdington. My mother used to go there in the 80s. Remember going with her once or twice waiting in that confined waiting room with a mild illness and come out with the plague.😂

11 hours ago, Rds1983 said:

I had to phone mine yesterday and had exactly same. It took me until about 3.30pm before I could get through.

However, they did then get a GP to call me back for a virtual appointment around 5pm and then offered me a face to face one for Friday so not all back.

I get private via work too which is great, however I need a referral from a GP before I can speak to them which can be tricky. 

We’re able to use Babylon, an online GP service and it’s an absolute godsend. Book everything online and get a zoom call within hours. 

Even if you had to pay for Babylon, I’d say it’s worth it if you regularly need GP appointments or referrals. I think it works out at about £10 a month

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

We’re able to use Babylon, an online GP service and it’s an absolute godsend. Book everything online and get a zoom call within hours. 

Even if you had to pay for Babylon, I’d say it’s worth it if you regularly need GP appointments or referrals. I think it works out at about £10 a month

Babylon? For crying out loud. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

What?

Well, apart from being an actual ancient city, it's become the standard term for sin and depravity. 

EDIT: If it's any consolation, I was once responsible for naming a new computer system 'ISIS'. 

Edited by mjmooney

5 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Well, apart from being an actual ancient city, it's become the standard term for sin and depravity. 

EDIT: If it's any consolation, I was once responsible for naming a new computer system 'ISIS'. 

I think Sid is referring to the lyrics of a certain song by David Gray.

I chuckled to be fair.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

I thought that was sodom and gamorrah?

Those two cities where all the gays lived that god hated so much he got the angels to destroy them to the extent that no archeologist has ever been able to find them or prove they actually ever existed... but its in the good book so what can you do 🤷‍♂️

28 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Those two cities where all the gays lived that god hated so much he got the angels to destroy them to the extent that no archeologist has ever been able to find them or prove they actually ever existed

They left that verse out of All Things Bright and Beautiful.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Those two cities where all the gays lived that god hated so much he got the angels to destroy them to the extent that no archeologist has ever been able to find them or prove they actually ever existed... but its in the good book so what can you do 🤷‍♂️

In the Rastafarian culture Babylon is basically the catch all term for anything that is ungodly, opposed to the Rasta/right way of life, or anything that threatened or harmed the causes of black people. Essentially similar to the concept of 'the Man' or 'the powers that be'.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

Babylon the Great, commonly known as the Whore of Babylon, refers to both a symbolic female figure and place of evil mentioned in the Book of Revelation in the Bible. Her full title is stated in Revelation 17 (verse 5) as "Mystery, Babylon the Great, the Mother of Prostitutes and Abominations of the Earth"

Wikipedia

The historical Babylon was the capital city of the ancient Babylonian Empire, and was located just south of modern Baghdad. 

Either way, I don't know why you'd name a GP portal after it. 

Edited by mjmooney
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

Is that High Street Erdington. My mother used to go there in the 80s. Remember going with her once or twice waiting in that confined waiting room with a mild illness and come out with the plague.😂

Poplars Surgery, Holly Lane, Erdington. By the Lyndhurst. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, bickster said:

Do you live in the same house as your son?

Are you aware of the postal strikes?

Yes and yes that’s why we ordered it last week of November. Got a load of Christmas cards today as well and also business post that’s  been outstanding for 2 to 3 weeks

That’s why I put it in the things that pissed me off but shouldn’t category due to the strikes.

Â