Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

4 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

You can literally live in any area of London without a car. It's probably the only city in the UK where you absolutely 100% do not need a car.

Thats utter nonsense mate sorry but it is. What about if your disabled or parents that have kids? Are they suppose ro get on the bus?

Yes we have tubes but thats more for city workers. People need cars like any city in the world.

Also add all the strikes happening recently what are we suppose to do if we had to rely on public transport only?

Edited by Demitri_C

48 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

The trend of shouting from the rooftops that you’re not interested in something or haven’t heard of something as a badge of honour.

Current example, World Cup boycotting/indifference.  

See also, anything that becomes mega popular and telling everyone that you’ve never heard of it.  I was even guilty of it myself when Drake surpassed a billion streams (I can’t name a Drake song don’t you know).

Not a very good example, though. Boycotting is an act of activism. Spreading the word is kind of important. 

6 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Thats utter nonsense mate sorry but it is. What about if your disabled or parents that have kids? Are they suppose ro get on the bus?

Yes we have tubes but thats more for city workers. People need cars like any city in the world.

Also add all the strikes happening recently what are we suppose to do if we had to rely on public transport only?

I lived in London for 12 years and have loads of friends there who have kids, and don't own a car. It's easy.

If you're disabled, fair enough, although owning a car is probably more expensive than getting an Uber. And of course, it's not essential as a disabled person to own a non-ULEZ compliant vehicle... so no it's not bollocks at all.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, El Zen said:

Not a very good example, though. Boycotting is an act of activism. Spreading the word is kind of important. 

Well yeah but I’m doubting the sincerity and recognising the hypocrisy in some (not all) cases.

Having to constantly retune the telly. Years ago  back in the steam powered analogue era retuning the tv channels was a rare, big event. Whole regions would be notified months in advance. Now its seems to be about every 4 weeks and when you do it you seem to lose about 3 channels. I mean most of linear tv is garbage nowadays but it is still a ballache.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Having to constantly retune the telly. Years ago  back in the steam powered analogue era retuning the tv channels was a rare, big event. Whole regions would be notified months in advance. Now its seems to be about every 4 weeks and when you do it you seem to lose about 3 channels. I mean most of linear tv is garbage nowadays but it is still a ballache.

retune the telly? What are you using?

I've forgotten that was ever a thing until your post, why on earth would you need to do that in the modern world?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, bickster said:

retune the telly? What are you using?

I've forgotten that was ever a thing until your post, why on earth would you need to do that in the modern world?

Quite. Pretty much every time I switch on, it just says "New channels have been added". I press 'OK', and Bob's yer uncle. Admittedly it's a fairly new TV. 

EDIT: The 'new channels' are invariably a load of shite, but that's a different issue. 

Edited by mjmooney

19 hours ago, KentVillan said:

I lived in London for 12 years and have loads of friends there who have kids, and don't own a car. It's easy.

If you're disabled, fair enough, although owning a car is probably more expensive than getting an Uber. And of course, it's not essential as a disabled person to own a non-ULEZ compliant vehicle... so no it's not bollocks at all.

Ah so you dont live here now so dont see the every day lifes of us needing a car  easy to say we dont need cars from a outside view.

Not sure how you think a uber is cheaper. £15 on average a journey so thats £30 on just a return journey so that alone makes no sense what your saying.

What part of london did they live in your friends central london? What about those that live in the outskirts of london who dont have bus stops or trains withing walking distance what do you suppose they do ?

If uou believe that rubbish that its too help provide cleaner air then why does our hypocrite manor get driven around in a  giant black landrover thats polluting the air? If he expects us to get public transport than this creep should be setting the example.

You also havw commented on the 80% of people who were opposed to it yet he still went ahead. You think thats acceptable to ignore the perople you represent?

I said I lived there for 12 years @Demitri_C… and I never owned a car while I lived in London. How’s it an outside view?

To give you an example, my friend lives with her two children in Ealing, which is outer London surely? She recently sold her car and does without.

And as I said, nobody is getting banned from having a car.

I can understand some people might have specific circumstances that require a car in London, but for the vast majority it’s just laziness or narrow mindedness - or they just really like having a car. To make out it’s some kind of life or death situation that the mayor is meddling with… is nonsense.

• Like 1

The carling advert with the bloke in the shitter whose ‘mates’ for ‘bantz’ pretend there has been a goal only to come in to be advised it was only a throw in 🤣🤣😐why are they sitting watching a video game of FIFA 🙄

• Haha 1

This should probably be in things that cheer me up, because it kind of makes me laugh... but:

American journos and Twitter influencers sharing their "takes" on "soccer", e.g.

The delusion is just amazing.

They really think LeBron James could have been a Ballon d'Or winner if he'd gone down a different path.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

Turn the faucet off, and put your opinions in the trash this Fall, I've gotten tired of your shit

"gotten" is the genius of this post. 

9 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

Turn the faucet off, and put your opinions in the trash this Fall, I've gotten tired of your shit

Kent, been reading your stuff for a while, but this is the first time I've felt real hatred and rage. 

Anyway, carry on. 

• Shocked 1

45 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

This should probably be in things that cheer me up, because it kind of makes me laugh... but:

American journos and Twitter influencers sharing their "takes" on "soccer", e.g.

The delusion is just amazing.

They really think LeBron James could have been a Ballon d'Or winner if he'd gone down a different path.

Americans in entitled douchebag shocker.

3 minutes ago, Anthony said:

Kent, been reading your stuff for a while, but this is the first time I've felt real hatred and rage. 

Anyway, carry on. 

Hate to explain the joke, but for sake of clarity, “faucet”, “trash”, “Fall” and “gotten” are, like “soccer”, all supposed Americanisms that actually originated in British English.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Follyfoot said:

The carling advert with the bloke in the shitter whose ‘mates’ for ‘bantz’ pretend there has been a goal only to come in to be advised it was only a throw in 🤣🤣😐why are they sitting watching a video game of FIFA 🙄

Typical Carling drinkers. Sounds like @Genie after a few cans of his Carling Premier ;) 

• Haha 3

19 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

Hate to explain the joke, but for sake of clarity, “faucet”, “trash”, “Fall” and “gotten” are, like “soccer”, all supposed Americanisms that actually originated in British English.

Yeah ... but isn't soccer an insult ...  played, rarely, at academies for the future ranks of the Conservative elite?

Just now, fruitvilla said:

Yeah ... but isn't soccer an insult ...  played, rarely, at academies for the future ranks of the Conservative elite?

I think back in the day (pre-1980s maybe?) it wasn't as class coded in British English as it is now. Nowadays you'd probably only hear it from a Boris Johnson type.

Â