Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

Just now, theboyangel said:

I’ll happily eat most foods but those two things are indeed Satan’s sputum! 

I will not make any comment that alludes to the palate of a 5 year old. 

• Like 1
  • Shocked 1

Celery is pretty gross raw, but shines as part of a sofrito or mirepoix, it's an essential to have in the fridge, IMO.

Cauliflower is just an all round winner, in curries, roasted, so many nice ways to have it. Cauliflower rice is not one of them though, that shit can get in the bin.

3 hours ago, rjw63 said:

How can anyone diss pineapple when there's shit like cucumber in existence? 🤮

I hate cucumber. I’d rather have pineapple every day of the week.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Grown arse **** adults not **** liking **** vegetables. Un **** belieavable Jeff.

I like some vegetables. Most, in fact. 

But not f***ing cucumber. 

And pineapple is a fruit. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Grown arse **** adults not **** liking **** vegetables. Un **** belieavable Jeff.

Vegetables are OK. Potatoes, carrots, onions... even some of the green ones I don't mind - sprouts, asparagus, peas, runner beans, etc. As sides to meat, obviously. And I'd eat them first to get them out of the way, before moving on to the actual food

It's eating leaves that I really don't get. Lettuce is just chewy water, and pointless. Cabbage is pretty nasty unless sliced very thinly and fried with garlic and bacon to disguise its... leafiness. I'll eat it, but treated as medicine, no real pleasure in it. But **** ing spinach, well... that stuff is pure green vomit. The smell alone triggers my gag reflex. 

Given that I don't much like curries, the idea of spinach curry is my ultimate nightmare. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, Genie said:

Spinach is a big fat no, unless it’s in a saagwala when it’s sensational.

Saag aloo!

• Like 4

58 minutes ago, Genie said:

Got the car in the garage today, waiting for that call where the mechanic tells me it’s not straight forward and probably more expensive than I was expecting… 

£200 +vat, could have been worse. It’s the only repair i’ve had to get done on my car in 3 years so can’t complain.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

Lettuce is a weed not a vegetable (It is a member of the daisy family, fact fans)

3 minutes ago, bickster said:

Lettuce is a weed not a vegetable (It is a member of the daisy family, fact fans)

As the exception that proves my salt rule, the best sandwich there is:

Super soft processed white bread, loaded, absolutely loaded with lettuce leaves, salt.

Best sandwich. Better than crisps sandwiches.

• Confused 1
  • Shocked 2

Â