Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

4 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I suspect that's an excuse.

Airlines are having big difficulties with flight crew staffing.   Easy Jet are physically removing seats from aircraft so they can cut down on the number of cabin crew which is set by the number of seats on the aircraft regardless of if they have been sold or not.  TUI might have more staff than they legally need to facilitate serving food so cutting that out might reduce staffing level requirements.

It seems the whole industry has been caught on the hop regarding staffing issues.  Odd really because you would think it was completely foreseeable.

Maybe a hell of a lot of behind the scenes staffing was from overseas staff so we're seeing another Brexit bonus.  That wouldn't surprise me at all.

I beleive the queues like we see at BHX are down to a shortage of check-in staff.

Then once checked in they queue for an hour and a half to get through security because of a shortage of security staff.

Then if the get to the gate before the flight leaves they can’t eat because of staffing issues with the food & drink suppliers. 

I'm assuming these jobs in remote locations with unsociable hours pay barely above minimum wage and they're mystified about what they're struggling to recruit.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sidcow said:

I mean, if every airline ticket went up in price by say £2 to ensure all airports had enough security staff to process people thorough, would that be a massive issue?  I'm sure most people would pay £2 more rather than spend 3 hours queuing through security.

Another annoyance is the emergence of fast track security, it should be scrapped. It bottle necks everyone else whilst there’s several lanes empty (like when we went).

I think it’s flipped the other what now as everyone decided to pay the extra £5 for fast track that they have suspended it as it’s over subscribed.

On our trip to Ibiza the Spanish side was smooth as silk both ways. When we landed back at Birmingham we waited for 45 minutes for the first bags to appear at the belt. 

An absolute shit show. I do strongly suspect Brexit is playing a part here too. The shortage of low/unskilled workers didn’t factor in the plan for a high skilled / high paid economy.

5 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I'm assuming these jobs in remote locations with unsociable hours pay barely above minimum wage and they're mystified about what they're struggling to recruit.

Were probably covered by eastern European staff who have all buggered off home now (I don’t blame them).

Edited by Genie

1 hour ago, Genie said:

Another annoyance is the emergence of fast track security, it should be scrapped. It bottle necks everyone else whilst there’s several lanes empty (like when we went).

I think it’s flipped the other what now as everyone decided to pay the extra £5 for fast track that they have suspended it as it’s over subscribed.

On our trip to Ibiza the Spanish side was smooth as silk both ways. When we landed back at Birmingham we waited for 45 minutes for the first bags to appear at the belt. 

An absolute shit show. I do strongly suspect Brexit is playing a part here too. The shortage of low/unskilled workers didn’t factor in the plan for a high skilled / high paid economy.

Yeah, the high skill / high pay economy was just another bullshit slogan of the brexiteers. 

How can you up skill and highly pay a bloke lugging suitcases off an aeroplane? 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, sidcow said:

I mean, if every airline ticket went up in price by say £2 to ensure all airports had enough security staff to process people thorough, would that be a massive issue?  I'm sure most people would pay £2 more rather than spend 3 hours queuing through security.

You can already do a fast track through security for a few quid at Liverpool Airport. Trouble is, if it was like this everyone would do it and it would be no faster. Also the Airport wqouldn't employ any extra security because thats a function that has no cost benefit for them. They get the money for the landing / takeoff and parking of planes from the airlines, they get the rent from the shops too. In fact bigger queues may lead to increased income as the planes pay more parking fees due to late take-offs

If you can't do a lap without stopping you're in the wrong lane

If you can't do a lap without undertaking you're in the wrong lane

If you can't do a lap without chatting afterwards you're in the wrong pool.

Sod off!

• Like 1

20 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

I know my car wasn't as quick, but got steamed off the toll road today by a McLaren supercar. I wouldn't mind but I come out the gate first, bloody poser. 🤣

Sorry about that pal, I was in a rush to get to the massage parlour. 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

As if the Depp/Heard crap wasn't bad enough, the BBC 6pm news gave considerable time to the Rooney/Vardy WAGs court case. An utterly trivial waste of court time. Why are they giving the oxygen of publicity to these shallow spoilt brats?  Tell them to piss off to their tacky houses and grow up. 

I'm going for a Depp and Rooney win. 

4 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

I think it was somebody on this thread that said something along the lines of if they both lost, we'd all win. 

The only people winning are the lawyers!

AMIRITE?

:)

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

I think it was somebody on this thread that said something along the lines of if they both lost, we'd all win. 

For a second I thought this post was about Coutinho and Buendia

People in the match thread moaning about Skyscum sport's bias to the scum 6.

It's easy to change that. Don't watch it, don't pay for it.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

People in the match thread moaning about Skyscum sport's bias to the scum 6.

It's easy to change that. Don't watch it, don't pay for it.

Free with my phone contract. I’d never pay for that shite. 

• Like 1

Â