Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

3 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

I've got another gender spesific one. My gf makes great dinners. Good cook. She does however leave the kitchen looking like a complete mess. Literally pots, pans and leftovers everywhere.

The few times I make dinner, I automatically clean up whatever I use right away.

My buddy has the exact same problem. Man cooks and it's clean and organised. Woman cooks and it's Dresden 45. 

My missus claims that the complete opposite is true. She's wrong, actually we both leave the kitchen in a mess. Personally, I don't care. I hate cooking and I don't mind clearing up - as discussed previously, I get to play music and finish off the wine in peace. The longer it takes, the better. 

1 hour ago, mjmooney said:

Back with women and dishwashers. Mrs M frequently partially empties it. 

We have a system; I have sole responsibility for loading the dishwasher and washing machine, she has sole responsibility to empty them.  Benefits to this are two-fold; 1) I hate emptying things and 2) this completely circumvents the formerly long-running debate about the proper way to load cutlery (as such I no longer have to hear the anecdote/lecture about the suspiciously unnamed "friend of the family" who was apparently paralysed through loading their cutlery into the dishwaser my way, in a Rube-Goldbergian sequence of events).

Mind you, come to think of it... now we've got our new Miele (odd to flex about white goods, I'll grant you) with the flat-loading cutlery tray, this wouldn't have been an issue anymore either.  Christ, maybe now I'm getting the lesser end of this deal?!  I mean it's not like she hangs the clothes up, that still falls to both of us.  Looks like I need to do some mental math on the ol' domestic chore stock exchange.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Some of you have bizarre arrangements with your significant others. Defined you load ,I'll empty , type "arrangements " would do my head in

Ours is far less regimented and really about who has the most time  on their hands at a given time  .... or happens to have made the mistake of wanting some cutlery / glasses  minutes after the dishwasher has finished .

18 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

Some of you have bizarre arrangements with your significant others. Defined you load ,I'll empty , type "arrangements " would do my head in

Ours is far less regimented and really about who has the most time  on their hands at a given time  .... or happens to have made the mistake of wanting some cutlery / glasses  minutes after the dishwasher has finished .

That's because you're a barbarian who doesn't even understand the Even Numbered Volume rule. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, GarethRDR said:

then do absolutely bugger all in the hope the other person blinks first.

We have that in our office with the leave one sheet of toilet paper on the roll trick ... you just pray that someone else had needed bog roll before your next visit and has replaced the roll

• Like 1

Cleaning our Kitchen is easy, 

Mrs T used to be a chef, she cooks amazing food and its my job to wash up and clean the hob down afterwards. On a week end I do a fry up breakfast and then its my job to wash up and clean the hob down afterwards 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

We don't have a dishwasher, I just slowly fill up the bowl with warm, wet, moist, dripping water.  Ram the stuff in.  Like, really shove it in, deep into the bowl and just repeatedly stab all the dirty stuff into the receptacle.  

Then I just pull up my sleeves and fist the bowl, often up to the elbow.  And just plunge in and out, in and out, with my fists really - as fast and as hard as I can. 

As I'm getting closer to finishing I often hear my wife asking what's taking so long and I just shout back "I'm coming! I'm coming!" and she just calls back "Ok, don't stop!" and then I just finish and pull the plug out and the wet goes down the hole.

Honestly, you should see the **** state of the place after I'm done, it's a right shit tip.  Frankly, I'm ashamed.

Kenneth Williams is unimpressed. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Another phrase related one. And one that is increasingly used on here.

Starting off sentences with “I mean”. 

I mean, you can do that if you want to. I mean, it’s not quite as bad as when it’s spoken, but to me it’s odd written down.

• Like 1

Just now, Mark Albrighton said:

I mean, you can do that if you want to. I mean, it’s not quite as bad as when it’s spoken, but to me it’s odd written down.

Yeah, no. Hundred percent. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Mark Albrighton said:

A similar one

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Mark Albrighton said:

I’m a big ‘I meaner’.....apols

10 hours ago, Mark Albrighton said:

Phrases  I hate "You know what I mean" every few words, I like to say No I dont know what you mean or yes I do know what you mean every time they say it. Normally shuts them up

Then there is "And things like that"   I like to ride my horse you know and things like that (what else is like that)

To be honest ?  Well to be honest 

The worse one is "Like" every other word,    Rather than listening to what they have to say I start to count how many times they say it 

Edited by Robtaylor200
  • Like 1

Â