Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

24 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Wolves? Bears? 

Yes (in certain numbers, places and within certain parameters). Especially wolves, bears are perhaps more of a challenge. But actually if we reintroduce beavers (as we should), we will either need a culling programme or to introduce a predator (or else their numbers may explode).

3 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Yes (in certain numbers, places and within certain parameters). Especially wolves, bears are perhaps more of a challenge. But actually if we reintroduce beavers (as we should), we will either need a culling programme or to introduce a predator (or else their numbers may explode).

One of the great things about our green and pleasant lands is the lack of anything small that can poison you to death or large that Is three times as quick as Linford Christie and can rip you apart in seconds, for that reason i out on the repopulation of bears

The idris elba sky movies Christmas advert - I know he was great as stringer bell but how the hell is this guy paid to be an actor!?!? 

it’s almost as bad as the surf advert with the offspring of Danny Dyer destroying the English language.. 

jean claude van damme rage GIF by hero0fwar

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

The idris elba sky movies Christmas advert - I know he was great as stringer bell but how the hell is this guy paid to be an actor!?!? 

it’s almost as bad as the surf advert with the offspring of Danny Dyer destroying the English language.. 

Sad part is most British people won't even know him as Stringer Bell.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

His singing in it is nails down the chalkboard stuff.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Since we’re talking adverts, ALL adverts piss me off. I can’t stand them, it would have to be an amazingly good programme for me to watch anything on ITV Hub and the like. They don’t even seem to make any funny ones like they used to. It’s just the same repetitive crap on an endless repeating cycle until you either mute it, switch it off, or tear your own eyes and ears out with a rusty claw hammer. 

Edited by It's Your Round
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

Since we’re talking adverts, ALL adverts piss me off. I can’t stand them, it would have to be an amazingly good programme for me to watch anything on ITV Hub and the like. They don’t even seem to make any funny ones like they used to. It’s just the same repetitive crap on an endless repeating cycle until you either mute it, switch it off, or tear your own eyes and ears out with a rusty claw hammer. 

This, with an extra helping of this. 

My utopian fantasy is a world with NO unsolicited advertising - and that includes TV, radio, internet, newspapers, magazines and billboards. I'd allow print adverts in separate supplements that could be taken or discarded at the customer's discretion. TV, radio and internet advertising would all be on dedicated channels, to be watched or ignored as desired. No posters defacing streets and buildings. Bliss. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

I really don't inhabit a world where TV adverts exist

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

This, with an extra helping of this. 

My utopian fantasy is a world with NO unsolicited advertising - and that includes TV, radio, internet, newspapers, magazines and billboards. I'd allow print adverts in separate supplements that could be taken or discarded at the customer's discretion. TV, radio and internet advertising would all be on dedicated channels, to be watched or ignored as desired. No posters defacing streets and buildings. Bliss. 

Sounds like heaven! 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, bickster said:

I really don't inhabit a world where TV adverts exist

I never watch live TV, but I watch a lot of YouTube videos which are now littered with them, unless you sign up to premium, which I’m not. Netflix and Prime are okay but then there’s the odd thing on catch up that we’ll watch, then you really pay the price for it. 

5 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

but then there’s the odd thing on catch up that we’ll watch, then you really pay the price for it. 

If it's not BBC iPlayer, I don't bother with catch up either

If its something the missus has recorded off cable, then the FFwd gets used for every Ad Break. We also have Netflix and Amazon. Plus I have one of those not so legal Android boxes in the man cave

• Like 1

1 hour ago, theboyangel said:

Anthony Joshua revealing his identity and shouting VIPeeeeee really pisses me off.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

This is definitely true IMO. There were always a vast majority of garbage ones, but if you went back 20 years, you would find some funny and some slightly rude or risque, which were at least a talking point. Now they're all so incredibly *bland*.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

This is definitely true IMO. There were always a vast majority of garbage ones, but if you went back 20 years, you would find some funny and some slightly rude or risque, which were at least a talking point. Now they're all so incredibly *bland*.

It’s true. You don’t see adverts like the old Carling Black Label ones, anymore. The squirrel one comes to mind as does the German tourist one... though that one is a brexiteers dream, it was still funny at the time. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, It's Your Round said:

I never watch live TV, but I watch a lot of YouTube videos which are now littered with them, unless you sign up to premium, which I’m not. Netflix and Prime are okay but then there’s the odd thing on catch up that we’ll watch, then you really pay the price for it. 

Ad blocker. I just have it for YouTube. 

Thing is, I didn't mind the odd 1 or 2 adverts at the start of the video. Then they starting adding them at various points throughout the video. GTFO. 

• Like 4

Â