Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

That one chump in five a side every winter who 3 minutes after kicking off is there removing his hoodie, his hat, his snood, his scarf  , his gloves, his 4 base layers , his long johns and his hoodie. Did you not think you'd get warm after a gentle jog. You play every week. You know this!

• Haha 1

I stubbed my little toe on the wardrobe at 2am this morning, toe stuck out at a right angle so pushed it back in and tried to go to sleep. That’s twice this year I’ve broken that toe. The pain’s not terrible but it’s more the fact my shoes hurt and I’ve got a tonne to stuff to get done today. The only sympathy I get from my wife is that I should watch where I’m going. 

Edited by It's Your Round
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

I stubbed my little toe on the wardrobe at 2am this morning, toe stuck out at a right angle so pushed it back in and tried to go to sleep. That’s twice this year I’ve broken that toe. The pain’s not terrible but it’s more the fact my shoes hurt and I’ve got a tonne to stuff to get done today. The only sympathy I get from my wife is that I should watch where I’m going. 

My wife displayed the same sympathy. 

1 hour ago, HanoiVillan said:

This news story:

Farmer bulldozes river beauty spot 'stripping a mile of flood-protecting trees'

'Authorities have launched an investigation after a stretch of Hertfordshire river important to wildlife was bulldozed.

The works were labelled a "tragedy" after the mile-long stretch of a protected river's banks was flattened.

The Herefordshire Wildlife Trust (HWT) said it hopes for a prosecution over the damage to the River Lugg, which it called a "crime against the environment".

The trust said all bankside and riverside habitats have been "completely obliterated" after the river and its banks were "bulldozed, straightened and reprofiled into a sterile canal".

A potato and cattle farmer has come forward claiming he cleared the land to prevent flooding at nearby properties.

However experts have claimed the works will make flooding worse downstream and put wildlife at risk.

[...]

West Mercia Police confirmed the force is assisting the probe.

The HWT said wildlife affected by the damage includes crayfish, otters and salmon, lampreys and dragonflies and a host of rare river wildlife at the Site of Special Scientific Interest.

The trust said the River Lugg would be a "test case" for the Government's commitment to strengthen wildlife protection, and it hopes for a prosecution.

HWT chief executive Helen Stace said: "A large stretch of one of the UK's most important rivers, the Lugg, has been devastated, with dire consequences for wildlife and water quality downstream - this is a tragedy.'

more on link: https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/farmer-bulldozes-river-beauty-spot-23121586

This is what it looked like before:

0_SWNS_RIVER_CLEARANCE_010.jpg

This is what it looks like now:

0_PAY-Kingsland-Herefordshire-UK-Friday-

This utter scumbag appears to have been motivated by a desire to protect local property values after flooding last year, so he has taken it into his own hands to increase the risk of flooding downstream and destroy the local environment in doing so.

What an absolute **** word removed

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Xela said:

Ha, probably the wrong term, but its like people have to go on the first day just to say they've been there.

The irony being that a 12 hour wait at 3pm means you weren't there on the first day :lol:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

This news story:

Farmer bulldozes river beauty spot 'stripping a mile of flood-protecting trees'

'Authorities have launched an investigation after a stretch of Hertfordshire river important to wildlife was bulldozed.

The works were labelled a "tragedy" after the mile-long stretch of a protected river's banks was flattened.

The Herefordshire Wildlife Trust (HWT) said it hopes for a prosecution over the damage to the River Lugg, which it called a "crime against the environment".

The trust said all bankside and riverside habitats have been "completely obliterated" after the river and its banks were "bulldozed, straightened and reprofiled into a sterile canal".

A potato and cattle farmer has come forward claiming he cleared the land to prevent flooding at nearby properties.

However experts have claimed the works will make flooding worse downstream and put wildlife at risk.

[...]

West Mercia Police confirmed the force is assisting the probe.

The HWT said wildlife affected by the damage includes crayfish, otters and salmon, lampreys and dragonflies and a host of rare river wildlife at the Site of Special Scientific Interest.

The trust said the River Lugg would be a "test case" for the Government's commitment to strengthen wildlife protection, and it hopes for a prosecution.

HWT chief executive Helen Stace said: "A large stretch of one of the UK's most important rivers, the Lugg, has been devastated, with dire consequences for wildlife and water quality downstream - this is a tragedy.'

more on link: https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/farmer-bulldozes-river-beauty-spot-23121586

This is what it looked like before:

0_SWNS_RIVER_CLEARANCE_010.jpg

This is what it looks like now:

0_PAY-Kingsland-Herefordshire-UK-Friday-

This utter scumbag appears to have been motivated by a desire to protect local property values after flooding last year, so he has taken it into his own hands to increase the risk of flooding downstream and destroy the local environment in doing so.

I saw this news as well. Thing is this will probably make the flooding worse as well as it will just become a fast running pipe instead of the natural environment slowing it down naturally and soaking up the excess flow. 

He should be fined AND made to reinstate the land as best it can at his own expense. 

Otters is what they need.  Best flood defence that exists. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I saw this news as well. Thing is this will probably make the flooding worse as well as it will just become a fast running pipe instead of the natural environment slowing it down naturally and soaking up the excess flow. 

He should be fined AND made to reinstate the land as best it can at his own expense. 

Otters is what they need.  Best flood defence that exists. 

Yes, it's terrible for flooding. He has correctly perceived that if he turns the river into a fast chute, then it makes the flooding problem worse downstream, where he presumably doesn't give a shit about it. It's an act of supreme selfishness and vandalism.

3 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Beavers. 

No apparently if you slaughter enough otters and line the river with their rotting carcasses it can slow the flow right down loads. 

But yeah, I can see those pesky animal protection nut jobs getting upset. Beavers are the second best option if kept alive so probably best to go for that solution. 😊

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

The reintroduction of beavers in Devon has been a big success I seem to remember? Anyway, yes, I'm definitely a fan of rewilding and reintroducing formerly native species.

Wolves? Bears? 

Â