Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

"Ladies and Gentlemen, I think you'll agree that today has been very emotional, even the cake's in tiers."

Terrible opening joke but I've seen it done at a wedding reception and it got a big laugh.

Could have been the volume of prosecco consumed.

I opened with "Patrick this is going to be the most uncomfortable ten minutes of your life. Mary, yours is coming later tonight". Raucous laughter and the speech went brilliantly afterwards. Though a lot of effort went into it. That's the only secret. That and knowing where to draw the line. I judged it just right :)

• Like 3

HELP! ive been asked to be my mates best man at his wedding next june in cyprus. i'll be honest and say its one of my worst nightmares but obviously im going to do it, but its just not me if you know what i mean and im dreading the speech part. infact the speech is the only thing im worried about.

The thing to remember is that the majority of the people at the wedding, will be willing you to do well. No one is going to have a go at you for messing up, and they'll probably laugh at your jokes, no matter how crap they are. Keep it short, keep it clean (probably best not to tell any of your confession thread stories), and don't feel like you need to do a stand up routine. Be nice about the bride, thank the bridesmaids, and try not to get your cock out. Job done. 

i certainly wont be trying to be funny because im not a funny person if you catch my drift and i'll just fall flat on my face. also the tales me and my mate have are best kept quiet, yeah im just going to keep it short,sweet and polite. the missus said just get pissed and i'll be ok but nah i dont think thats wise. anyway ive got a few months to prepare.

we had noticed :P

• Like 1

My signature (you won't see it on Tapatalk...) is still my all time favourite.

I like the one where his Mom is pissed and turns up at his house and pisses on his driveway/front door.

Or the one where he drinks a shit infested glass of water.

Plenty of ammo for a good best man's speech, I'd have thought .... :P

• Like 3

"Ladies and Gentlemen, I think you'll agree that today has been very emotional, even the cake's in tiers."

Terrible opening joke but I've seen it done at a wedding reception and it got a big laugh.

Good one.

I'm also a big fan of

"Sorry if I'm a bit nervous. I'm feeling a bit under pressure. The groom told me if I do a good job with this speech I can be best man at his next wedding too"

• Like 2

HELP! ive been asked to be my mates best man at his wedding next june in cyprus. i'll be honest and say its one of my worst nightmares but obviously im going to do it, but its just not me if you know what i mean and im dreading the speech part. infact the speech is the only thing im worried about.

The thing to remember is that the majority of the people at the wedding, will be willing you to do well. No one is going to have a go at you for messing up, and they'll probably laugh at your jokes, no matter how crap they are. Keep it short, keep it clean (probably best not to tell any of your confession thread stories), and don't feel like you need to do a stand up routine. Be nice about the bride, thank the bridesmaids, and try not to get your cock out. Job done. 

i certainly wont be trying to be funny because im not a funny person if you catch my drift and i'll just fall flat on my face. also the tales me and my mate have are best kept quiet, yeah im just going to keep it short,sweet and polite. the missus said just get pissed and i'll be ok but nah i dont think thats wise. anyway ive got a few months to prepare.

Best avoided, most people fall flat, so leave it to the pros.

The reason most people find it daunting is that they imagine they have to knock it out of the park. You don't, you just have fulfil the role.

Describe how you met your mate. Say the bride is lovely. Flatter his mother-in-law. Say what a nice day it has been and thank everyone. Fall backwards into the flowers. Done!

Best avoided, most people fall flat, so leave it to the pros.

The reason most people find it daunting is that they imagine they have to knock it out of the park. You don't, you just have fulfil the role.

Describe how you met your mate. Say the bride is lovely. Flatter his mother-in-law. Say what a nice day it has been and thank everyone. Fall backwards into the flowers. Done!

Boooooooooooooo 

• Like 1

Good one.

I'm also a big fan of

"Sorry if I'm a bit nervous. I'm feeling a bit under pressure. The groom told me if I do a good job with this speech I can be best man at his next wedding too"

I like it ...but I guess you'd have to know your audience quite well  for that one to work ?

Even the groom has to do a 'funny' speech. These weddings are sexist I tells ya!

surely he doesn't have time what with dance rehearsals with 27 of his mates for the choreographed wedding dance routine that no marriage can survive without

Get everyone's attention by not just tapping a champagne flute with a spoon, but smashing it over the brides head, stand up without any trousers on and say "OH OH!.. I HAVE FORGOTTEN MY TROUSERS...  AND PANTS" :o:o:o

(Wait for laughs and medical attention for the bride)

(If at this point there are still people ignoring you, such as children, you can either throw eggs at them, or run at them in a threatening manner.  If they still cease to pay you attention, cock slap them)

"Now I have your attention, may I say that this whole wedding is a sham, I have shagged this woman more times than I care to remember (gesture sex, by throwing hips, making your cock flap about a bit), and this dickhead (point at groom) doesn't even know about it.. I SHIT ON HIS PILLOW (produce photo of shit stained pillow)."

(wait for laughs, if people are not laughing, throw some cutlery at them)

"ONLY JOKING, I DIDN'T REALLY SHIT ON HIS PILLOW! AAAHAHAHAHHA"

(wait for laugh, if people are not laughing, ask them why they aren't)

"The bride looked alright didn't she?  BEFORE I SMASHED THE DOPEY BITCH UP WITH A CHAMPAGNE FLUTE! AAHAHAHAHHAAHA!"

(wait for laughs)

"I'd probably have a go on the brides mom too (point directly at her), or any of you bitches in the audience (point at a select few)"

"So if you'd all like to stand (wait for everyone to stand) I'd like to toast these shit-houses on their wedding day"

(Toast, and the pull out a rifle and give a 21 gun salute (don't worry if your indoors, I know a plasterer)).

Then just piss on the table cloth or something for a good finale.

But again, you have to know the audience quite well for this to work.

That's copy and pasted from the one I'm doing for your wedding next August.  Hope that's k x

Â