Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

That's horrible.  'Oh look how clever I am'.  No, you're just cluttered.

Exactly.

The design and typography etc is actually fine. It's the implementation of the site that lets it down.

Give me some space you bastards.

Volkswagen warning of massive cutbacks are coming down the line for them been caught out acting the word removed over the emissions shite ....maybe they could divert the profits and dividends for a few years and break even after costs etc and keep staff employed ? 

Salo, Finland, courtesy of Microsoft buggering up Nokia http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/07/16/us-nokia-legacy-idUSKCN0PQ17Z20150716

There is something very ironic about the fact that the nation which has the reputation as being the most taciturn in the world, should have been at the centre of mobile phone development.

Tesco issue profit warning that it only ONLY made 357 million in profit in the half year ......It would make you **** sick when these words removed make massive profits yet fail to invest in staff who at the moment look like they couldn't give a **** or to further reduce prices 

Mrs E is doing underwear shopping again judging by the ads I keep getting on VT. :( 

My ads suggest I am either after a Russian bride or a Muslim bride! 

Volkswagen warning of massive cutbacks are coming down the line for them been caught out acting the word removed over the emissions shite ....maybe they could divert the profits and dividends for a few years and break even after costs etc and keep staff employed ? 

Salo, Finland, courtesy of Microsoft buggering up Nokia http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/07/16/us-nokia-legacy-idUSKCN0PQ17Z20150716

There is something very ironic about the fact that the nation which has the reputation as being the most taciturn in the world, should have been at the centre of mobile phone development.

Tesco issue profit warning that it only ONLY made 357 million in profit in the half year ......It would make you **** sick when these words removed make massive profits yet fail to invest in staff who at the moment look like they couldn't give a **** or to further reduce prices 

Fear not, Tesco staff are just as pissed-off and defiantly bolshy as they were when Tesco were knocking up billion pound profits, only a few years ago.

They have as much chance of changing that culture as Sherwood has at the Villa, so Tesco will almost certainly for a few gimmicks and some extra loss-leaders.

Mrs E is doing underwear shopping again judging by the ads I keep getting on VT. :( 

id like to entertain both. ive actually been with a muslim girl who lived at the local YMCA, her dad was a saudi and she had a photo of him looking very unimpressed on her bedside table. she was a good time girl for sure.

• Like 1

people who don't use ad-blockers complaining about ads

People who use ad blockers

Why wouldn't you? As much as companies want to make money from ads, I'm not allowing them on my PC. I could live with them being annoying or distracting (I draw the line at **** full screen ads, or ones with audio though, **** them in their arse). I block all ad networks at my router, purely for security, there have been far too many advertisers inadvertently (or intentionally, the bastards) distributing malware.

That reminds me, I need to donate to VT after payday.

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 1

Why wouldn't you? As much as companies want to make money from ads, I'm not allowing them on my PC. I could live with them being annoying or distracting (I draw the line at **** full screen ads, or ones with audio though, **** them in their arse). I block all ad networks at my router, purely for security, there have been far too many advertisers inadvertently (or intentionally, the bastards) distributing malware.

Good save :D

While I understand the reasoning behind blocking some overly intrusive ads for security purposes, sites have to support themselves. Everyone blocks ads - sites can't support themselves, decent content is not on the internet any more.

While I understand the reasoning behind blocking some overly intrusive ads for security purposes, sites have to support themselves. Everyone blocks ads - sites can't support themselves, decent content is not on the internet any more.

You might be right. I like to think that sites with decent original content, or good hubs for a community will survive through donations or sales. But it's likely that some will just disappear. It's unscrupulous advertisers that have started this war, though.

The sad fact is, even diligent sitemasters can fall victim to advertisers that spread malicious payloads, unless they're screening every ad before publishing. It's not just shady sites, some major ones have been victim to this, Blizzard Entertainment's official site was spreading malware though adverts a few years ago, and I think Yahoo has too. Would you accept advertising on your TV that have a chance to infect your TV to show ads constantly, even on the BBC?

I'll contribute to the sites that matter to me, and VT is one, but I'm not whitelisting ads.

Edited by Davkaus

Necked my pint and left the pub tonight because a really bad barber shop quartet started ad hoc practicing songs beside us. Completely drowning out our conversation. When asked to stop it was all a joke because they thought we were pretending to say they were shite and pretending to want them to stop. Can't wait to see them again.

Point of Order. I use adlockers but whitelist VT for obvious reasons. (No need to thank me Limpid) but the nature of my complaint is that Mrs E and myself have differing opinions on what constitutes day-to-day underwear and I'd rather not see adverts of pants that would Bridget Jones recoil in horror splashed on my screen if at all possible.  

The ironic thing is that if the large-breasted Muslim women on offer, were to appear in a thread, advertisers might complain that it objectified women and demand that the thread be deleted.:)

• Like 2

Â