Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

He's literally just messaged me

"What are we doing tonight? I'm bringing my laptop so will probably spend some time getting some work done"

:rolleyes:

Right. With that my defence has gone. I wouldn't invite him now.

I cant work air conditioning, its essentially white mans magic to me, I have never been able to. Colleague did something so our workspace wasnt like a fridge, before he went to the mosque he turned it back to normal and I am freezing my nuts off. 

He's literally just messaged me

"What are we doing tonight? I'm bringing my laptop so will probably spend some time getting some work done"

:rolleyes:

Have to say, he sounds a bit of a nana mate.

Regarding your weird mate, Stevo, in my circle of friends at uni I have a similar issue in that I have very little in common with any of them hobby-wise. Our group is made up of four guys and two girls, and I'm the only one out of all of us who likes football, for example, so throughout my entire time I have known them I have never played football, watched football and I've probably only discussed football in their presence all of about three times.

Me and one of the other lads have similar taste in music, but the rest of them all like the shit on the radio so we don't go to gigs together, and generally when we do stuff it's never something I'm particularly interested in doing. But I do it anyway, because otherwise I'd barely see them and even though we don't have much in common, we all get on like a house on fire and they're immensely fun to be around and they 'get me' in ways a lot of people don't.

It's annoying sometimes because I do feel like they never take an interest in what I want to do, but at the end of the day I'd never expect them to do something that they didn't want to do just for my sake. I would, however, like them to show a little more thoughtfulness and at least make an offer, though. They know full well I'm not into a lot of stuff they are but it's disheartening when they don't try and make an effort for me like I seem to do all the time with them.

I don't know how this fits in with your weird mate, but it might be something to think about it all I suppose. You sound like quite a thoughtful chap though.

Regarding your weird mate, Stevo, in my circle of friends at uni I have a similar issue in that I have very little in common with any of them hobby-wise. Our group is made up of four guys and two girls, and I'm the only one out of all of us who likes football, for example, so throughout my entire time I have known them I have never played football, watched football and I've probably only discussed football in their presence all of about three times.

Me and one of the other lads have similar taste in music, but the rest of them all like the shit on the radio so we don't go to gigs together, and generally when we do stuff it's never something I'm particularly interested in doing. But I do it anyway, because otherwise I'd barely see them and even though we don't have much in common, we all get on like a house on fire and they're immensely fun to be around and they 'get me' in ways a lot of people don't.

It's annoying sometimes because I do feel like they never take an interest in what I want to do, but at the end of the day I'd never expect them to do something that they didn't want to do just for my sake. I would, however, like them to show a little more thoughtfulness and at least make an offer, though. They know full well I'm not into a lot of stuff they are but it's disheartening when they don't try and make an effort for me like I seem to do all the time with them.

I don't know how this fits in with your weird mate, but it might be something to think about it all I suppose. You sound like quite a thoughtful chap though.

The thing is, our interests used to be the same. He used to like football, we had similar taste in music (due to my random appreciation of hip hop), we liked going out to the same places we're from the same place (AG crew!!) etc etc

But in the last few years he appears to be trying to be different. 

I still like the guy, he's one of my best mates. But he does seem to try and make it difficult. And he's not very nice about it either.

He came round mine a few weeks ago and immediately put the rugby on. I didn't mind, I quite like rugby. but he didn't ask, he just sat down and changed the channel.

I think he just likes to be different, rather than actually is different. Basically he's one of these people hat doesn't like to like stuff other people like, if that makes sense. 

Edited by Stevo985

That my commitment to VT has dropped off significantly.

I'M SORRY OKAY.

we just assumed you were too busy what with those 23 hrs  working days you have 365 days a year 

• Like 3

That my commitment to VT has dropped off significantly.

I'M SORRY OKAY.

we just assumed you were too busy what with those 23 hrs  working days you have 365 days a year 

It's a tough life but the totally average graduate pay makes it worth it ;)

• Like 1

Well done Sly.

Another one is people who get on the bus and then get back off a couple of hundred yards down the road. They could've easily walked, it's not as if Bus fare is cheap these days either.

If you have a bus pass, then why the eff not eh?

I'm talking about people who I've seen pay, and believe it or not just going down the road around here will cost you a few pounds. And even if you have a pass why not just walk the short distance for sake of not being lazy.

Â