Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

Well just the three of you go and he can meet up later or on the night?

Nah, I want to do something together.

I dont' mind about not playing footgolf.

It's more the fact he's vetoed it, on the logic that 1 out of 4 of us don't want to do it.

But then is trying to make us do something that only 1 out of 4 us DOES want to do.

Even though I obviously don't know him, he sound's like a jerk. Also 3 years not seeing someone is a long time so they may be different. They wouldn't be missed.

We've all seen each other fairly regularly, just not all at once.

He's one of my best mates, but he's a weird guy. Very arrogant and stubborn which most of the time he expresses in a humorous way so it doesn't really matter. But every now and then he does something like this and it annoys me

My dads a **** jerk but I still make allowances for him when he annoys me. Maybe this guy just wanted to have a few beers on the night but doesn't fancy a whole day out. Obviously Stevo knows him better but we all have annoying friends like that don't we, it's just human nature.

We;re going up tonight and staying the whole weekend so he's signed up for the whole day ;)

Like I said, it's not the fact that he doesn't want to do the first activity, I completely understand that. If the other 3 wanted to go and watch a cricket match (thankfully they would never do that) then I'd do the same thing.

But I wouldn't then insist we all sit down and watch Summerslam when I know the other 3 couldn't give a s hit about it.

It's more the fact he's vetoed it, on the logic that 1 out of 4 of us don't want to do it.

But then is trying to make us do something that only 1 out of 4 us DOES want to do.

Tbf, footgolf sounds a laugh even if you don't like football. Just chalk it up to the fact that people can be odd.

We;re going up tonight and staying the whole weekend so he's signed up for the whole day ;)

Like I said, it's not the fact that he doesn't want to do the first activity, I completely understand that. If the other 3 wanted to go and watch a cricket match (thankfully they would never do that) then I'd do the same thing.

But I wouldn't then insist we all sit down and watch Summerslam when I know the other 3 couldn't give a s hit about it.

Anyone who doesn't want to sit down and watch summerslam is someone not worth knowing.

Tbf, footgolf sounds a laugh even if you don't like football. Just chalk it up to the fact that people can be odd.

Exactly.

And I bet he thinks it sounds like a laugh.

But you have to use a football, and he's so stubborn that he can't buckle and accept that he might enjoy something football related.

Luckily, I'm taking the N64 up, so we'll probably all just re-bond over a marathon game of Mario Party 2

Personally, if I had three 'friends' that wouldn't watch the cricket with the real mean (beards, farah slacks, you know the drill), I'd sack myself out of their puny feminised ghey army and recruit some proper man bloke friends.

You wouldn't see DIY star Tommy Walsh or Ric Griffin off of Holby City or Paul Hollywood the cake man turning down a pint at the cricket.

Have a word with yourself.

'foot golf' ffs

Incidentally, you jest (I think) but I have a feeling this is exactly what he's going for, i.e. act as if he's better than us because he likes sophisticated stuff like cricket.

Just to be different.

He dresses in slacks and wears a cravat these days.

5 years ago he wore tracksuits and do rags.

Your mates with NV? He loves a good cravat he does. Seriously, the only man I've ever seen wear one. I thought they were fictional or of a time long past until NV came along.

shit!

I nearly bought a cravat not 40 minutes ago! Thought it was a funky paisley silk scarf, commented how short it was just as my eyes saw the sign that said it was a cravat.

Hobbo's pre warn gentleman's attire, Cardiff.

I was jesting yes, it's a trip out, you make your pitch for what you would like the most and then you go along with the consensus. Anything else could put an edge on the trip out that people have been looking forward to. Even 'foot golf', which now gets another 'ffs'. 

My only exception to that is fancy dress. I'll go along on any event, try anything. But I don't do 'cos play' or fancy dress, I will not put on frillies and sussies 'just for a laugh' to raise money down the club. 'Tis my only rule, everyone knows they are more than welcome to go there themselves, but whenever a get together turns fancy dress, I bale. I don't even just turn up vanilla, I just avoid the event.

Â