Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

To be fair I don't watch GoT because the little I have seen it appears to be aimed squarely at virgin teenage boys - a fantasy world with swords, fighting and sex scenes.

The Hobbit, but with titties.

It's a nasty step backwards imo.

Thank you. Exactly how I feel about it. 

To be fair I don't watch GoT because the little I have seen it appears to be aimed squarely at virgin teenage boys - a fantasy world with swords, fighting and sex scenes.

Well that just shows you two don't watch it or know anything about the show. The similarities between Game of Thrones and The Hobbit are very few indeed. Perhaps there is a tad too much gratuitous nudity and gore on occasion, but I think the majority of viewers would still watch the show if it was toned down a bit.

GoT is dark fantasy but steeped in medieval history. I'm afraid that back in those days it was a man's world and murder, rape and pillaging ran rife. GoT has plenty of strong female characters to balance it out.

If you don't like it then don't watch it by all means, but since it's trying to combine elements of fantasy with medieval history it'd be a bit silly if they didn't have all the bloody violence synonymous with that period.

Edited by Ginko
  • Like 1

I think there is a strong debate to had about how the TV show consistently drops the ball in regards to the portrayal of women and the use of gratuitous nudity and violence. HBO often resort to the lowest common denominator in order to keep the viewers interested. Some of the use of nudity has solely been to keep the pervy teens happy and the gargantuanly misjudged rape scene on this Season do the show no favours at all.

However To an extent Ginko is right that to say its adolescent titillation misses the really detailed character and world building as well as a gripping and complex story of politics and intrigue. However as much as I like the show (and I really do) it is not a patch on the novels.

I have seen a few episodes in passing but have never got the attraction of it, I like the dwarf though...yeah, the dwarf is alright

I know that dude. We grew up together and did a play together when I was a senior in high school.

I have seen a few episodes in passing but have never got the attraction of it, I like the dwarf though...yeah, the dwarf is alright

I know that dude. We grew up together and did a play together when I was a senior in high school.

...are you 2quartz?

Does 2quartz have an alter ego?

He goes by many names.

He still has an unpaid Vegas Hotel bill for $400,000 under the name of 512fluid-dram that he's hiding from.

• Like 2

...are you 2quartz?

I think I'm probably closer to a gallon.

• Like 1

Well that just shows you two don't watch it or know anything about the show. The similarities between Game of Thrones and The Hobbit are very few indeed. Perhaps there is a tad too much gratuitous nudity and gore on occasion, but I think the majority of viewers would still watch the show if it was toned down a bit.

GoT is dark fantasy but steeped in medieval history. I'm afraid that back in those days it was a man's world and murder, rape and pillaging ran rife. GoT has plenty of strong female characters to balance it out.

If you don't like it then don't watch it by all means, but since it's trying to combine elements of fantasy with medieval history it'd be a bit silly if they didn't have all the bloody violence synonymous with that period.

clerks2elias.gif

Totally agree with Stevo's post especially this bit...

The assumption that Game of Thrones is for "nerds" or "geeks" pisses me off.

Absolutely ridiculous and lazy assumption.

• Like 2

I can genuinely only think of one "rape" scene from Game of Thrones.

The posts on the previous page make it sound as if every episode is full of them.

And that scene was incredibly shocking, as it was meant to be. It was supposed to be depicted as sickening and evil and that's exactly as it came across.

Â