Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

To be fair I don't watch GoT because the little I have seen it appears to be aimed squarely at virgin teenage boys - a fantasy world with swords, fighting and sex scenes.

The Hobbit, but with titties.

It's a nasty step backwards imo.

Nail on head there I think,  I watch loads and loads of TV series but this is not of a standard that deserves my attention.  Tried a few episodes but nope,  nowhere near good enough.

There is nothing as boring as a sword fights and horses etc on TV,  that's why its very rare to see it these days apart from the illegitimate spawn of GOT that is BBC's "Merlin".  

• Like 1

Morons who queue too close behind you when you're at a cashpoint and almost knock you out of the way as soon as you start to walk away. I now turn right round to walk off, invariably bumping in to them as they move forward, saying "jesus, give me some space !" as I carry on. Not subtle but needs to be done.

Same goes for those in supermarket queues......if you really want to stand THAT close to me then you're more than welcome to pay for my stuff as well !

Personal Space Invaders - one of my all time pet hates. I tend to deliberately take a step back onto their feet for the lols.

• Like 2

I am quite willing to believe that GoT contains scenes of murder, torture and rape, but is it extreme enough to break the last television taboo, which is just too outrageous to be acceptable?

Did it go so far as to show the unshaven female armpit?

• Like 1

And that scene was incredibly shocking, as it was meant to be. It was supposed to be depicted as sickening and evil and that's exactly as it came across.

And then it went on to treat the rapist as a stand-up guy again.

The show is hugely problematic but that doesn't mean you can't/aren't allowed to enjoy it for other reasons.

Edited by CarewsEyebrowDesigner

Totally agree with Stevo's post especially this bit...

The assumption that Game of Thrones is for "nerds" or "geeks" pisses me off.

Absolutely ridiculous and lazy assumption.

Only a nerd or a geek would say that  :P

Edited by tonyh29

And that scene was incredibly shocking, as it was meant to be. It was supposed to be depicted as sickening and evil and that's exactly as it came across.

I don't think it does.

Ok it doesn't treat him as a typical bad guy, but the point is the line between the good things he does and the bad is clear.

It's not like you're thinking "Oh he's a bloody good bloke, so this rape is brilliant"

The line between good and bad is clear, even if certain characters vary on which side of the line they sit.

If all the good guys were always good and all the bad guys were always bad it would be a pretty shit show.

Morons who queue too close behind you when you're at a cashpoint and almost knock you out of the way as soon as you start to walk away. I now turn right round to walk off, invariably bumping in to them as they move forward, saying "jesus, give me some space !" as I carry on. Not subtle but needs to be done.

Same goes for those in supermarket queues......if you really want to stand THAT close to me then you're more than welcome to pay for my stuff as well !

I dont mind a good looking woman standing that close to me, unfortuanetaly it hasent happened yet.

I don't think it does.

Ok it doesn't treat him as a typical bad guy, but the point is the line between the good things he does and the bad is clear.

It's not like you're thinking "Oh he's a bloody good bloke, so this rape is brilliant"

The line between good and bad is clear, even if certain characters vary on which side of the line they sit.

If all the good guys were always good and all the bad guys were always bad it would be a pretty shit show.

I don't even know what to think about that scene. I just wonder if the director got the wrong end of the stick completely or when it came to the editing process he realised that he didn't have enough footage to portray the scene as it should have been.

It was not a rape in the book and I honestly don't believe it was their intention to portray it that way. Obviously it came off that way which is terribly wrong, but one error in judgement shouldn't ruin a good show. It was meant to be shocking for another reason.

With the exception to the anomaly that is that scene, the other rape scene that springs to mind is not glamorised in the slightest. What's the alternative though? Excessive censorship? Should we ban all killing in any TV shows or movies too? Because that's pretty bad, you know.

Â