Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

The mortal enemy of the female shoe.

Yes, I know many that have fallen. I also know many that abandon their heels altogether and walk barefoot to safer ground.

In fact they tend to abandon them anyway as heels seem to hurt them after a few hours. It is not uncommon for a lady to carry flats in her handbag.

In those situations it is good to be a chap.

In regards to the torture stuff, the brief snippet i heard was that their lawyers were saying the confession was tortured out of them, which suggested to me that they were claiming they were innocent and had only admitted it because they were tortured.

If that's the case (and I haven't followed it slowly) then I could sympathise with them.

If they are indeed guilty then whilst I don't condone torture (apart from possibly extreme circumstances) I've got to say I'm with Tamuff in finding it very hard to be sympathetic to a bunch of rapists

• Like 1

"The Ukraine"

"The Cameroon(s)"

Any assorted addition of the word "the" to a country name. Colonial throwback bollocks.

The Yemen

The Argentine

The Lebanon

The Congo

The Ivory Coast

Any more?

We've got workmen in at the moment redoing our kitchen (goodbye, savings :(). We came home yesterday, they'd moved all the white goods into the living room so they could skim the ceiling but in doing so knocked a photo frame of the mantelpiece which broke into four pieces. Now, the fact that they broke something doesn't bother me at all, lugging a tonne of crap about for over a fortnight I almost expect a few casualties. What pisses me off is they just put it loosely back together (minus a big chunk from the top corner), popped it back on the mantelpiece and haven't said diddly shit about it. Like I say, I'm not upset they broke it, it's just a bloody photo frame but at least leave a post-it note or something.

Â