Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

This should piss me off and it does:

It seems perfectly acceptable for bars around Brum to charge over £4 for a pint of lager. Ridiculous! This is Brum, not NYC or Hong Kong! £4.25 for a pint of Veltins in Edmunds and £4.55 for a pint of Peroni in Pitcher & Piano. Grolsh and Sagres were £4.10 as well.

I got charged £3.15 for a pint of fosters in my local, or they do kronenberg for £4, the only pub by mms that sells peroni charges £5.50 a pint. Theres an iff licence by me that sells 8 cans of becks for £5.50. It's not the smoking ban that's killing off pubs, its the stupid prices

dancing on ice

to be fair to her its the only one of the celeb / reality shite that my gf watches, but its **** terrible, half of it is torvill and dean refusing to bow out with any grace and screaming "look at us! look at us! we were great once!" and the other half is the one judge giving them a lower score than everyone else just so he can be "mr nasty" someone can flip all over the shop and skate insanely good just to be told their jazz hands were shit

You should have seen "Splash!" on Saturday on ITV.

Tom Daley teaches "celebrities" to dive, leading up to a live dive off.

It was hands down the worst one of those shows I've ever seen. I lasted about 15 minutes before I had to abandon it.

(I was only watching it because someone else texted me saying how awful it was!)

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

I don't like him. He just ain't funny.

That came out wrong. I meant the two things to be independent. He was hilarious, but he also had some extremeley sexist jokes... but as I said you play to your audience and the group of old words removed that were in the room loved it.

I'm not a big fan of him these days, but I must say that in that environment he was pretty good.

"Dryathlons"

I'm all for raising money for charity. But sponsoring someone to not drink for a month. **** off.

That's like someone sponsoring me for not eating Fish and Chips for a month. It's a mild inconvenience at most.

• Like 1

"Dryathlons"

I'm all for raising money for charity. But sponsoring someone to not drink for a month. **** off.

That's like someone sponsoring me for not eating Fish and Chips for a month. It's a mild inconvenience at most.

Does nobody think of the brewery and publican Industry in January?

This kind of 'drying out' nonsense could be the end for some of them! ;)

+1 For the Dryathalon hatred.

To be honest, I find the whole sponsorship thing tedious at best anyway.

A couple of my friends volunteer at a local charity funded lifeboat station. They are obviously dependent on charity donations, so do a hell of a lot of fundraising. Which is all well and good, but they're always after sponsorship money so they can go and do something which can usually be described as fun, or atleast interesting if nothing else. Recent examples include:

Europes longest Zipwire

Abseiling

Via ferata

All of which basically counts as a good day out for a group of outdoors enthusiasts.

If you want my ten British pounds then get and clean my fecking car, or bake me a cake. Don't go off on a jolly and expect me to sponsor you for the pleasure of doing so. Shithouses.

Edited by Shillzz

After the Olympics opening ceremony, I said: "Arise, Sir Danny Boyle. Absolutely nailed on for the new year's honours list".

What did he get? Not a sausage. **** all. Knighthoods, OBEs, MBEs, CBEs and all the rest of it handed out like confetti to the athletes, but the bloke who organised the most staggering live show ever seen in this country gets nary a mention.

Damned bad form, I call it.

Edited by mjmooney

After the Olympics opening ceremony, I said: "Arise, Sir Danny Boyle. Absolutely nailed on for the new year's honours list".

What did he get? Not a sausage. **** all. Knighthoods, OBEs, MBEs, CBEs and all the rest of it handed out like confetti to the athletes, but the bloke who organised the most staggering live show ever seen in this country gets nary a mention.

Damned bad form, I call it.

He refused it before the honours list came out.

He was offered it: good.

He refused it: even better.

That now takes it out of the Things That Piss You Off zone into the Things That Cheer You Up zone. :thumb:

Edited by mjmooney

Those little Villa shirt icons that have become all the rage in the match threads.

Not too bad when arranged in a suggested team layout, but in a vertical list they add nothing (besides space-wasting) to a simple list of names.

Â