Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

The bloke in HMV (I still occasionally shop in there, and there is a 25% off sale on ATM) who insists on putting his hand over your credit card while it's in the machine, so that he removes it, not you.

Arsehole.

I get a kick out of that kind of pettiness. That and a condescension that this is him exerting the full extent of his power. Bless.

I got absolutely no sleep last night, and was tired anyway. I'm not sure how I'm going to get through today without bankrupting the company or something. I'm supposed to be giving a clients a call later, I genuinely don't think I could hold an intelligible conversation with anyone by then.

And the bloody snow means my deathtrap shoes are even more dangerous when I'm not in the office today.

You'll probably feel better by the afternoon.

This pisses me off though. I'm never at my freshest in the morning, when I'm starting a new job or trying to rally the troops for a new day. I never really get going till 10am.

Last night I was asked how my course was going, I immediately replied 'I hate it', without thinking. Not a good sign. €23k spent on it and another 37k to go if I continue. ****

Bargain.

'Pre-milkers'. We may have discussed pre-milking tea before but it needs said again because pre-milking tea is a disgusting practice and in times long past could easily have been a sign that one were possessed by an evil spirit. I can put up with the 'outed' pre-milkers because you know never to accept a cup at their house, it is the covert pre-milkers that I hate more than anyone on earth. I hate when you get handed a nice cuppa after supper and unbeknownst to you they pre-milked it, and only when the beverage passes between your lips and hits your taste-buds do you realise what horror has been unleashed. This is made worse if said covert pre-milker is someone's mother and you can't say a word lest you get chucked onto the street and are welcome no more.

Edited by CarewsEyebrowDesigner
  • Like 2

I started a new job today, I got there on time to find out that my boss wasin a meeting that day, and the only experienced member of staff was keen to do his job without me being in the way.

So I sat there and read all day, with nothing else to really do, having no access to our systems, and no contacts available to help me actually do anything. I'd not been told working hours, so I sat there until around 17:00, hoped it was good enough, and went home.

Okay I'll be paid for it so I guess I can't moan too much, but I don't really have a great first impression about this place...

Edited by Davkaus

I started a new job today, I got there on time to find out that my boss wasn't in a meeting that day, and the only experienced member of staff was keen to do his job without me being in the way.

So I sat there and read all day, with nothing else to really do, having no access to our systems, and no contacts available to help me actually do anything. I'd not been told working hours, so I sat there until around 17:00, hoped it was good enough, and went home.

Okay I'll be paid for it so I guess I can't moan too much, but I don't really have a great first impression about this place...

Are you sure you was in the right office?

I started a new job today, I got there on time to find out that my boss wasn't in a meeting that day, and the only experienced member of staff was keen to do his job without me being in the way.

That sounds a lot like my job, though I have been there just over 2 years now.

Not any more, though, eh?

He'll be covering your credit card somewhere else soon. That's the kind of skill that crosses over to many retailers :)

The fact that every post I've made today (all five of them) I've gone straight back to and edited because just as I press submit, I think of a better way of saying what I meant.

Edited by choffer

When people give pretend spoilers to others. My sister did it the other day to my cousin and it annoyed me.

For instance:

Sister: "Have you got to the bit where [insert name] dies?"

Cousin: "**** off you word removed"

Sister: "Only joking, they don't die really"

It was about Breaking Bad too, where pretty much anyone could die at any time due to the nature of the show and now he knows that that particular character definitely doesn't die.

Annoyed me more than him, I think.

Edited by Milfner

Typing an email up specifically saying you've attached stuff for reference, having the phone ring or someone talk to you for a moment, going back to said email and hitting send without attaching said stuff, and then having to send a follow up with the distinct tone of 'I'm not a moron, really' with the attachments.

Made all the worse when you're basically sending the same email, with small variations, to about 20 clients, with the same attachments.

Edited by Chindie

Do you use GMail for work?

There's a "lab" on it where if it detects the word "attach", or "attachment" or "attached" etc in your email, it'll ask you if you meant to attach something when you press Send.

Sky pissing more of my subscription money away on live NBA basketball, can't wait to watch a load of blokes play netball. And sky reporting it in American terms "the nicks come here 24 and 12 in the season"

Do you use GMail for work?

There's a "lab" on it where if it detects the word "attach", or "attachment" or "attached" etc in your email, it'll ask you if you meant to attach something when you press Send.

No, Outlook all the way unfortunately.

Â