Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

2 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

4 packs of beer now being attached to each other with superglue to do away with the rings that usually hold them together.  Very difficult to separate without damaging the can.

If this is the cost of saving the planet then I'm out.

I was out when they started using paper straws for liquids.

Lactose free substitutes.

I used to get migraines back in the day but they stopped more or less the same time the body decided to become lactose intolerant. Now I have to check everything for milk in the ingredients. But the thing that pees me off more than anything is when you get milk substitutes, I mean I'm virtually vegan when it comes to restaurants and takeaways and even that isn't that much of an issue compared to going to a Costa, or sandwich places, cinema or anywhere serving refreshments.  When it comes to asking for lactose free milk they give you a million and one shitty vegan options - soya, oat, coconut, belt, table and all sorts of other shi*e. I once tried to suggest to one establishment that there was lactose free milk, which is normal milk without the lactose and maybe that could also stock that. Returned at a later date and its still the same old shi*e.

1 hour ago, peterw said:

Lactose free substitutes.

I used to get migraines back in the day but they stopped more or less the same time the body decided to become lactose intolerant. Now I have to check everything for milk in the ingredients. But the thing that pees me off more than anything is when you get milk substitutes, I mean I'm virtually vegan when it comes to restaurants and takeaways and even that isn't that much of an issue compared to going to a Costa, or sandwich places, cinema or anywhere serving refreshments.  When it comes to asking for lactose free milk they give you a million and one shitty vegan options - soya, oat, coconut, belt, table and all sorts of other shi*e. I once tried to suggest to one establishment that there was lactose free milk, which is normal milk without the lactose and maybe that could also stock that. Returned at a later date and its still the same old shi*e.

As a fellow suffer of lactose intolerance, I actually find oat milk lovely, and much nicer than normal milk. Lactose free butter is also grand, although as I've mentioned in another thread I'm not hugely bothered by butter, so this doesn't affect me so much.

It's the cheese that is the issue for me. I do miss cheddar. You can get parmesan that's 30+ months old that is basically lactose free, but the like for like vegan substitutes are absolutely vile. 

5 hours ago, Anthony said:

Any of you tried lactase tablets? 

Tried it once, Thanksgiving 2020. My American housemate wanted to cook all of her traditional dishes. I took the recommended dosage of the tablet, but I’d have just been better off not taking it, and throwing the meal straight down the toilet. Think I spent most of that weekend in solitary shitting through the eye of a needle. It’s what the pilgrims would’ve wanted! 

• Haha 1

Not sure if I’m being a drunk k head, here so would like some thoughts, as currently I’m pretty peeved with it. 

Mrs, has been out all afternoon seeing a friend, no issue with that. Come 3 o’clock I left to drink and watch the England game, again no issues either. 

Come home after the pub to find the Mrs watching the Beckham documentary, this is someone who despises all sport especially football. I turn round and reply “I’m surprised you’re watching that, as you hate sport and everything about it, I would’ve watched that (we struggle to find stuff to watch together).” She replies it’s ok I’ll rewatch it. I then go upstairs to watch the next rugby game ( again no interest from her). Only to find she continues watching the Beckham programme… what the hell… she has a plethora of programmes she knows I won’t watch with her, why not watch them, why watch something we could clearly watch together 

Edited by mikeyp102
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, mikeyp102 said:

Not sure if I’m being a drunk k head, here so would like some thoughts, as currently I’m pretty peeved with it. 

Mrs, has been out all afternoon seeing a friend, no issue with that. Come 3 o’clock I left to drink and watch the England game, again no issues either. 

Come home after the pub to find the Mrs watching the Beckham documentary, this is someone who despises all sport especially football. I turn round and reply “I’m surprised you’re watching that, as you hate sport and everything about it, I would’ve watched that (we struggle to find stuff to watch together).” She replies it’s ok I’ll rewatch it. I then go upstairs to watch the next rugby game ( again no interest from her). Only to find she continues watching the Beckham programme… what the hell… she has a plethora of programmes she knows I won’t watch with her, why not watch them, why watch something we could clearly watch together 

You’re getting upset over nothing 

• Like 4

On 13/10/2023 at 13:33, Wainy316 said:

4 packs of beer now being attached to each other with superglue to do away with the rings that usually hold them together.  Very difficult to separate without damaging the can.

If this is the cost of saving the planet then I'm out.

Where have you been, It's been like this for quite a while now with many beers - about 5 years nearly.

They're pretty easy to snap off too.

I like this idea opposed some poor animinal in the wildlife strangling itself on the plastic rings. 

1 hour ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Where have you been, It's been like this for quite a while now with many beers - about 5 years nearly.

They're pretty easy to snap off too.

I like this idea opposed some poor animinal in the wildlife strangling itself on the plastic rings. 

I've always cut up my plastic drinks connectors because of this. 

• Like 3

My beer now comes with cardboard collars instead of the glue dots. 

First iteration was terrible as the cardboard was too thin so they constantly fell apart. 

Now they've used thicker cardboard and it works pretty well. 

7 minutes ago, sidcow said:

My beer now comes with cardboard collars instead of the glue dots. 

First iteration was terrible as the cardboard was too thin so they constantly fell apart. 

Now they've used thicker cardboard and it works pretty well. 

It's a shame we (as a country) didn't do this years ago.

America have been selling beer this way for donkeys years.

I guess the same goes for 'bags for life'.

Do away with the bloody things and switch to heavy duty paper bags.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

I guess the same goes for 'bags for life'.

Do away with the bloody things and switch to heavy duty paper bags.

It's weird, because it wasn't too long ago that we were told to use plastic bags instead of paper bags to save the trees, then bags for life as disposable plastic emerged as the bigger problem and now back to paper.

• Like 1

I had some San Miguel’s last week that had the hot glue holding them together. It was a pain in the arse getting them apart, especially without shaking them up. Saying that, it’s a small price to pay to avoid choking wildlife.

Â