Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

7 hours ago, Genie said:

I had some San Miguel’s last week that had the hot glue holding them together. It was a pain in the arse getting them apart, especially without shaking them up. Saying that, it’s a small price to pay to avoid choking wildlife.

Nah. **** the turtle, I want plastic straws and collars. 

2 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

Weirdos that go to a pub and buy bottles.

This. 100%

Bottles are what you buy when you can't get draught beer. Always. 

I've seen blokes in pubs ordering "craft beer" in cans for **** sake. It's mental. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Chindie said:

Coke tastes better out of a glass bottle

Yes. Soft drinks, its glass bottle, can, and a long way behind, plastic bottle. 

3 hours ago, Rodders said:

I enjoy the 330ml size cans of beer as much for intake control more than anything. I find beer bloaty but I like 2 drinks of whatever I'm drinking. Ergo 2 cans is better for me than two pint+ size cans or bottles. 

Yes, I get this. If I'm trying a funky new ale out, 330ml can is perfect. I might not want 500mls of a gammon and choc ice IPA. 

2 hours ago, Mark Albrighton said:

The next pub along (The Rainbow)

I lose track of what happens in Digbeth, as I'm far from a regular visiter, but I thought the Rainbow pub shut years ago, followed by the bigger venue because of drugs?

I'm a bit out of touch now with the nightlife. 

Just now, Xela said:

I lose track of what happens in Digbeth, as I'm far from a regular visiter, but I thought the Rainbow pub shut years ago, followed by the bigger venue because of drugs?

I'm a bit out of touch now with the nightlife. 

I think it did shut for a while but reopened under new ownership. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Always loved this despite the fact I think Hobgoblin is **** rank. 

I like a bit of Hobgoblin Gold. 

I'm not crazy about the basic Hobgoblin either. But I REALLY like the King Goblin. May well open a bottle this evening. 

• Like 1

My local is all bottles, nothing on tap and that's fairly common here, even pubs that do have something on tap will only have 1 or 2 beers but then several different varieties in bottles

The shops are maybe as much as 90% bottles

There was a great place in kiddy which was fast becoming my favourite pub, Beer Emporium, had bottles (and cans tbf) from all round the world, I think at one point it was over 200 types, including bottles of modelo, I could accept it then as it was something that was better than what was on tap but in a normal pub? No way, for me to get a bottle they'd either have to have something ultra rare or the selection on tap be terrible but then if that was the case (as in fosters or carling) I probably wouldn't be in there anyway

1 minute ago, Seat68 said:

Bloody hell, what time do you normally lie in till? Its been dark up to 7 for quite some time. 

Mid day if I can bloody help it. 

Worked from home every day last week. Yesterday was the first day it was really dark at 6.50.

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Mid day if I can bloody help it. 

Worked from home every day last week. Yesterday was the first day it was really dark at 6.50.

I walk my dog around half 6 and for the past couple of weeks picking up dog poo has been a challenge in the dark I can tell you.

Â