Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

16 hours ago, bobzy said:

It didn’t come across like that (to me) as I watched it; just that he was a player and then he became hated. Booed everywhere, family getting abuse - didn’t happen before the sending off, carried on for ages after it.

Until, as @AvfcRigo82 says, he scored against Greece. That’s how the program delivered it too - he was absolutely fine after that. 

Exactly that - the documentary follows the line that brand Beckham wrote - that he was loved before, then a single incident at the world cup changed that and it was incredibly unfair on him.

It's crap, he was hated by most fans for being a bit of a tit well before he went to that world cup.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Seat68 said:

I walk my dog around half 6 and for the past couple of weeks picking up dog poo has been a challenge in the dark I can tell you.

Mrs Sidcow thinks I'm mad. 

If I'm driving down the road and see someone with a dog picking up their poo I say in an evil bossy voice "oi you.  Pick up my shit. Go on get your hands in and PICK UP MY SHIT "

"WHAT ARE YOU MESSING ABOUT AT.  PICK UP MY SHIT I SAID"

And just let the rant continue. 

I will do this if I'm in the car alone as well.

It amuses me far more than it should. 

Picking up dog shit is one of 10,001 reasons why I would never own a dog 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, OutByEaster? said:

Exactly that - the documentary follows the line that brand Beckham wrote - that he was loved before, then a single incident at the world cup changed that and it was incredibly unfair on him.

It's crap, he was hated by most fans for being a bit of a tit well before he went to that world cup.

No, it didn't.  He didn't portray him as being loved at all - it just portrayed him as being villified after the Argentina game (which he was).  It wasn't "oh, look at our poor little darling being treated badly" it was just "this is the abuse he and his family got".  Nothing about him being loved before or anything.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, bobzy said:

No, it didn't.  He didn't portray him as being loved at all - it just portrayed him as being villified after the Argentina game (which he was).  It wasn't "oh, look at our poor little darling being treated badly" it was just "this is the abuse he and his family got".  Nothing about him being loved before or anything.

careful-fanboy.gif

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, sidcow said:

careful-fanboy.gif

Yeah - there's probably some truth in "brand Beckham" because I always used to dislike him for... reasons, I guess.  Not sure what they were, but everyone did.

However, he's just a (pretty thick) person and seems relatively grounded for the career/life he's chosen.

As I said before, though, I don't have the heart for hatred in football.  I'll leave that to the Villa fans who frequent Blues' forums every day for **** knows what reason.

On 16/10/2023 at 15:47, Davkaus said:

The pub mark up on bottles really winds me up. I can justify it to myself when it's draught, or even if it's a fancy speciality beer from a can/bottle.

But the places that charge 5-6 quid for something that'd 4 for £7 in Tesco? Off you ****, lads.

It's mental and something I would always avoid and just cannot justify it- knowing this one little bottle at £6 is the same price as 3 massive ones at a supermarket..

If I walk into any pub and it has only got piss on tap like Heinekken, Amstel or Stella etc. Then I'm straight back out the door.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, BOF said:

I think this one is more an Irish pricing thing than a UK thing.  Whatever about alcohol. It's a pub. You do you. But soft drinks being the same price, or often dearer, than alcohol. That should be illegal. Especially when you're pretending to try and promote no drink driving in suburban/rural pubs and I know soft drinks cost you comparitively the square root of **** all retail. Incentivise the soft drinks. But no, they'd rather absolutely squeeze every **** penny they can out of the poor sod who; for whatever reason; has to be on the orange pop that evening. Even the alcohol free stuff should be a lot cheaper than it is, given your purchase price/taxation is significantly affected by alcohol content.

Strong agree. 

0% Guinness is a genuinely nice drink. But it's priced the same as the full alcohol version, both in pubs (if you can find it) and in supermarkets. They are taking the piss. 

Half strength Guinness on the other hand, should be poured straight down the drain. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Anthony said:

0% Guinness is a genuinely nice drink. But it's priced the same as the full alcohol version, both in pubs (if you can find it) and in supermarkets. They are taking the piss.

Being as 0% alcohol reduces the tax element of the price considerably, I'd love to know the justification for the price parity with the including alcohol product

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, bickster said:

Being as 0% alcohol reduces the tax element of the price considerably, I'd love to know the justification for the price parity with the including alcohol product

Probably some bollocks about there being an extra step required in creating the 0% product because of the need to then remove the alcohol. When we all know it's pure profit margin.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, BOF said:

Probably some bollocks about there being an extra step required in creating the 0% product because of the need to then remove the alcohol. When we all know it's pure profit margin.

They must remove it in a very special way then, as most of the other 0%ers of their competitors are cheaper than the gets you pissed version :D 

26 minutes ago, BOF said:

But soft drinks being the same price, or often dearer, than alcohol. That should be illegal. Especially when you're pretending to try and promote no drink driving in suburban/rural pubs and I know soft drinks cost you comparitively the square root of **** all retail.

I agree, soft drinks/alcohol free should atleast be 50% cheaper than alcohol.

Either way, they're capitalising and grabbing the 'non drinker' by the short and curlys too.  ******s.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BOF said:

I think this one is more an Irish pricing thing than a UK thing.  Whatever about alcohol. It's a pub. You do you. But soft drinks being the same price, or often dearer, than alcohol. That should be illegal.

It's definitely not just an Irish thing, it's the same over here. And I agree, it's scandalous. 

But I was today years old when I discovered there is such a thing as '0% Guinness'. WTAF? 

5 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

It's definitely not just an Irish thing, it's the same over here. And I agree, it's scandalous. 

But I was today years old when I discovered there is such a thing as '0% Guinness'. WTAF? 

Yeah it came out around covid. From looking up headlines it looks like it had a troubled start in the UK and re-launched in the summer 2021, so you're not that out of date. But it's becoming popular there now. It's a good effort in fairness. Probably doesn't hold its head as long as the real thing but it's definitely drinkable and preferable to most 0% lagers if you're stuck as the designated Dessie or if mere alcohol doesn't thrill you at all.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

0% Drinks have come on a long way recently. Very handy. I quite often have one with a meal at home if I'm driving later on.

Big Drop Brewing Co only do "almost 0%" (>0.1%) beers and they genuinely do taste great

Just now, bickster said:

0% Drinks have come on a long way recently. Very handy. I quite often have one with a meal at home if I'm driving later on.

Big Drop Brewing Co only do "almost 0%" (>0.1%) beers and they genuinely do taste great

A few of them can be 0.3%. You'd literally get water on the brain and die before you'd get drunk from them.

• Like 1

The legal frame work in this country when it comes to civil and family law cases (I dare say others too) is really damning.

I was involved in a hearing yesterday taking a non-paying customer to court to recover money owed from a job that I completed for them last year. It's a four figure sum hence going through the hassle to pursue the claim.

The whole claim/case was dismissed on the grounds where the defendant verbally claimed I had left their front doors wide open comprising the security of their house! Judge ruled in their favour despite me having a plethora of evidence.

Absolute ******* unbelievable!

• Sad 1

Â