Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

3 hours ago, sidcow said:

Westward Ho! 

Saw the weather and made a last minute booking. 

Beautiful apartment right on the front. Did Clovelly and Port Isaac, some great pub meals. 

Ace 

get a holiday home down in Wales. They're very welcoming of the English and second homes there. 

• Haha 3

16 minutes ago, Xela said:

get a holiday home down in Wales. They're very welcoming of the English and second homes there. 

I could do that. My surname is so Welsh you could polish wooden spoons with it. 

4 hours ago, sidcow said:

Westward Ho! 

Saw the weather and made a last minute booking. 

Beautiful apartment right on the front. Did Clovelly and Port Isaac, some great pub meals. 

Ace 

I grew up in Bideford so spent the majority of my summer holidays on Westward Ho! beach every year.

My family is still down there and I visit two or three times a year (was there in August).

If you ever go that way again let me know and I can recommend a few places.

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

I grew up in Bideford so spent the majority of my summer holidays on Westward Ho! beach every year.

My family is still down there and I visit two or three times a year (was there in August).

If you ever go that way again let me know and I can recommend a few places.

We had a great meal at The Thatched Inn and some brilliant Tapas at the pub in Port Isaac of all places. Bert Large would be most unhappy😂

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, sidcow said:

We had a great meal at The Thatched Inn and some brilliant Tapas at the pub in Port Isaac of all places. Bert Large would be most unhappy😂

That’s where I had my £14 haddock scotch egg AND felt it was worth the money.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mjmooney said:

When the only OT threads with new content are the ones I have no interest in (gym routine, rugby, etc.) 

I'll bump the MMA thread, just for you 😘

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Not sure this really pisses me off, but it was inconvenient.

I went on a conference in the US last year. My company is american and their headquarters is in Charlotte.
Long story short, I ended up sleeping with an Executive Director while I was there. That's crude to just put out there, but bear with me.
Anyway she lives in California, the time difference didn't work, so after I came back to the UK we texted a bit and it kind of fizzled out. She got a bit annoyed and said I was ghosting her. And so I didn't reply, fulfilling her prophecy.

Anyway, fast forward 10 months. We have a delegate of Americans visiting our office this week. I didn't know much about the visit, but they're big dogs, everyone is bending over backwards for them, and I was tasked with putting together a presentation on my department to give them.

I've been super busy the past few days so I haven't had as much time to prepare as I'd like but I pulled something together.

I was on a training course today, get a call halfway through from my director telling me I have to go and do the presentation. Right now. 
So I excuse myself, run across the site, burst into this room and say hello. Don't know anyone there so hurry to the only seat around the big conference table. Plop down into the seat all kerfuffled trying to turn my laptop on to get this presentation up. 

I finally look up, and who is sitting directly opposite?

John Cena!

No... not really. It was obviously her. She was the person leading the delegation who I had to present this really important presentation to. 

I bombed.

But what everyone wants to know:    Were you wearing socks?

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Not sure this really pisses me off, but it was inconvenient.

I went on a conference in the US last year. My company is american and their headquarters is in Charlotte.
Long story short, I ended up sleeping with an Executive Director while I was there. That's crude to just put out there, but bear with me.
Anyway she lives in California, the time difference didn't work, so after I came back to the UK we texted a bit and it kind of fizzled out. She got a bit annoyed and said I was ghosting her. And so I didn't reply, fulfilling her prophecy.

Anyway, fast forward 10 months. We have a delegate of Americans visiting our office this week. I didn't know much about the visit, but they're big dogs, everyone is bending over backwards for them, and I was tasked with putting together a presentation on my department to give them.

I've been super busy the past few days so I haven't had as much time to prepare as I'd like but I pulled something together.

I was on a training course today, get a call halfway through from my director telling me I have to go and do the presentation. Right now. 
So I excuse myself, run across the site, burst into this room and say hello. Don't know anyone there so hurry to the only seat around the big conference table. Plop down into the seat all kerfuffled trying to turn my laptop on to get this presentation up. 

I finally look up, and who is sitting directly opposite?

John Cena!

No... not really. It was obviously her. She was the person leading the delegation who I had to present this really important presentation to. 

I bombed.

It may have also been John Cena

• Like 2

Two related things.

Watching the football with the missus. She says she's interested in the match but spends the whole time watching TikTok's at full volume meaning I have to keep nudging up the volume on the telly.

Watching anything on telly. She says she's interested in what's on but spends the whole time with her phone in hand, facebooking, TikTokking, Insta-ing. I briefly glance at my phone and she's all "what you doing?".

Doesn't really P me off but she can't see how it's something I might find a bit off-putting. 

Edited by choffer
re-wording
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, choffer said:

Watching anything on telly. She says she's interested in what's on but spends the whole time with her phone in hand, facebooking, TikTokking, Insta-ing. I briefly glance at my phone and she's all "what you doing?".

This became a real bone of contention for me :D

Absolutely couldn't give a toss if we've just got some thing on for noise while we doss or do some jobs, but she'd do the same when we were watching a serious show, and it pissed me off for two reasons, one, we often watch in the dark, so I'd get the glare of Facebook in my eyes, and two, the all too common "Who are they/Why did that happen?". Well. You'd **** know if you'd not been staring at your phone during a scene with subtitles wouldn't you?

After a few fruitless conversations about how frustrating I found it, I started pausing the TV when she did it. Passive aggressive as **** but it worked :blush:

• Like 1

8 hours ago, choffer said:

Doesn't really P me off but she can't see how it's something I might find a bit off-putting. 

A chap I work with dumped his long term GF because of her phone obsession! He said it just **** him off beyond belief. 

• Like 1

Â